PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chamblee

GTMerciless
01-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Hello all,

A Christmas present for our 2 kids kinda snowballed and now my wife and I have a bit of an addiction. I used to have a couple tanks at various points in grade school but donated it all to a high school when I went off to college and havenít had anything since. Around Christmas my wife came up with the idea to get a goldfish for the kids knowing that I would love to have an aquarium. After a little research we discovered that goldfish were a terrible idea and after many more hours of researching online and visiting 6 pet/fish stores we decided on a 5.5 gallon tank with a betta and couple friends.

Now we have inherited a 29 gallon aquarium and discovered aquabid and several forums including this one. The tiny little fish tank idea has now spawned thoughts of at least 6 others in the future(may need to build a bigger house to handle more tanks :-) ) We are interested in coming to the next meeting to check it out. Do we have to be members first or can we come to one and join after? We look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Mog Carns
01-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forums! You are not alone.

The meeting is completely free, and open to the public. If you so choose, you technically never have to join.
Make sure you go to the Fernbank SCIENCE Center, which is free, and not the Fernbank Museum of Natural History... which is decidedly not free, and not where we are.
From the parking lot, just follow the people with coolers. No matter what happens from that point, you'll probably have a good time.

After the speaker, there will be small auction where people sell off extra plants and fish, or just those submitted for Breeder and Horticulture Award Points. You do not have to be a member to participate in the auction. You might want to bring a few dollars if something catches your eye. Unless you just have no more tank space... some of us have to purposefully leave all our money at home, sometimes.

See you Saturday.

bloodworm
01-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of wise and helpful fish-folk here ...

Dale

Briemesm
01-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Hello from the aforementioned wife with the crazy idea to get fish! David wasn't kidding when he said this idea started small and has exploded into so much more. The addiction is real! I think 6 tanks might be on the conservative side of the dreams we have.

We so enjoyed Saturday's meeting that we JOINED and can't wait to come to the next one. Looking forward to learning from all of you on our journey to becoming awesome aquarists! Our beginnings are humble but our dreams are big.

~Brianna

mountainman36
01-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Nice tank! im sure you guys will really enjoy the club. i personally dont get to the meetings, but this is an awesome resource for fish and supplies. Plus ideas.