View Full Version : Hi, I'm building a zoo in Buford this year next to Mall of Georgia

01-18-2015, 03:46 PM
My son Zack and I are new members who attended yesterday's meeting. We met several nice members and enjoyed the Florida fish breeding presentation. I have roughly 25 years in the wholesale and retail ends of tropical, marine and pond fish.

My new project is to open a 36,000 square foot "mostly" indoor zoo next to the Mall of Georgia. I plan to have several 1000 gallon aquariums there as well as an exhibit housing a 90 year old, 90 pound alligator snapping turtle. One tank will be a Marine tank, another a n Amazon soft water tank holding fancy discus, veil-tail angels, rummynose, cardinal tetras, and fancy plecos back-dropped with awesome plants including corkscrew val. Another exhibit will house red belly piranhas.

Zack leaves next week for St. Louis where he will intern at the World of Birds Sanctuary where he will learn to become a bird trainer and flyer.

I hope to attend the meetings and meet more of our membership's many interesting members who actually breed and propagate aquaria.

On another note, I am combing my rescources to find pristine breeding size angelfish for my exhibit. My favorites are black-marble, gold, marble, blue snakeskin, tuxedo and zebra veil-tail specimens.

I apologize for a long introduction, but I am very enthused to be a member of this prestigious organization.

Respectfully, Ken Panse

www.reptilewrangler.net (http://www.reptilewrangler.net)

Don't forget that speaker Eric also raised elephants during his fish career....

01-18-2015, 05:33 PM
WOAH! Well then...Welcome! =)

01-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Very exciting! Welcome!

Mog Carns
01-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Do you have an expected opening date yet, or still early in the project?

Sounds like something my kids would love. Just asking if it is something to start planning.

01-22-2015, 03:00 PM
That is awesome!! Welcome!!