PDA

View Full Version : Please help me IDENTIFY This FISH!!

Aquarius Maximus
02-09-2015, 07:10 PM
I believe we bought a bag of 6 of these fish at the November mini-auction after the monthly meeting at Fernbank. I think there were 6 in the bag and I think they were referred to as WHITE CICHLIDS, sometimes called PLATINUM CICHLIDS on the west coast of the US. Can anyone help me figure out what I've got?? Please watch brief video below.<span style="color:#0000cd;"><font size="5"><span style="font-family:trebuchet ms;">
http://youtu.be/XjH0I-Wi0bo

Thanks!

Marjorie & John Adams

cswain123
02-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Cichlasoma dimerus I believe. Found some pics online that are identical and actually the pics of another club member. Maybe yours are the descendants. Male has the more prominent black stripe.

HN1
02-09-2015, 07:43 PM
They are c. dimerus as cswain said. They were fairly think in the club for a few months.

Larry Bugg
02-09-2015, 08:20 PM
c. dimerus "belle union" to even be more exact. Ken brought the originals back from Uruguay. Ron bought them and bred them. I then bought the group from him and bred them. I sure many people have descendants now.

Mog Carns
02-09-2015, 09:07 PM
The trick is bagging them back up. They are smart, hide like no one's business, and breed in secret.

After you clear out the six you bought, you find 9 more in the tank a month later.