PDA

View Full Version : My Panda Loach Tank (20L)

Ccoralli
02-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Hey guys. I was lucky enough to get some of these in and wanted to show you my set up for them.

I have 11 in a 20 long, with a 300gph powerhead with a sponge filter on it and an aquaclear 70 running the stock sponge, polyfilter, chemi pure elite, purigen and matrix. it also has a sponge over the intake. Vigorously washed pool filter sand makes up the substrate, which I topped with very mature river stones that are covered in algae and all those good micro organisms. I also added a piece of driftwood and a piece of spiderwood, to which I attached lots of Anubias Nana "Petite" and Bolbitis Heudelotii. I also added some Crypotcoryne Wendetti as I refuse to have a freshwater tank without at least one crypt :p

These guys have been very active in my tank, always darting around, scraping the hard surfaces in the tank, and swimming in the current, which they love. They are very social with each other, and not shy at all. they don't scurry away to their hiding places when you walk up to the tank. They pretty much don't pay you any attention until your hand goes into the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_4JxqOh_I

While they immediately started scraping the rocks and driftwood for stuff to eat, they were paying no attention to my offerings of food. I tried Xtreme flake, pellets, and sinking wafers. NLS pellets, supersoft spirulina pellets, ocean nutrition 'spirulina formula', and chlorella flakes. They basically paid no attention to them. Mild interest in the chlorella and the ocean nutrition spirulina gel is they swam by it, but definitely not seeking it out. Then last night I tried Rapashy's "Soylent Green" premix gel. Man did they go crazy! they all started homing in on it after it had been in the tank for about 30 seconds. They devoured the entire thing (about 1/3 the size of a frozen brine shrimp cube) in about two hours, leaving them with fat little bellies!

Thanks for looking! I'm really excited to be keeping this cool little fish and will hopefully be spawning these guys when they grow up!

HN1
02-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Very cool tank and fish! Thanks for sharing.

Briemesm
02-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Loved seeing them when we came by PetLand. Your setup is gorgeous.

mountainman36
02-13-2015, 06:56 PM
thats awesome!

Pierre
02-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Very nice setup Chris... looks more a blog to me and very helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience and setup. Keep us updated. Maybe you can add to the Blogs section of this forum.

Cheers,

Pierre

cswain123
02-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Really great setup and really pretty loaches!

aXio
02-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Repashy is the food of gods when it comes to fish! Anything I have ever fed it too has gone completely insane over it.

jmorris88
02-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Nice set up Chris!

zyyoll
02-15-2015, 07:46 PM
This is a beautifully conceived and executed specialty tank. Immaculate in appearance with very interesting fish. Also, important tips on filtration and water flow rate. Kudos to you for this!

RLHam3
02-16-2015, 06:57 AM
Gosh that sand looks great!

byork
03-10-2015, 06:25 AM
Very nice setup. Really enjoyed this post.