PDA

View Full Version : New to the area from Upstate New York

jennilee
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better. I'm from the Syracuse New York area, and I'm still a member of the Central New York Aquarium Society. I can't wait for the next meeting. :)

Right now I'm keeping South American Cichlids but I've kept a great verity of fish in the past. In New York we had the perfect water for Lake Tanganyika cichlids so of course I had several tanks with Neolamprologus multifasciatus, N. brevis, and Synodontis petricola. I tend to enjoy heavily planted tanks with smaller fish that have personality over brightly colored fish that hang in the water.

Hope to see all of you soon!

caricell
02-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Welcome, Jennilee!

Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better. I'm from the Syracuse New York area, and I'm still a member of the Central New York Aquarium Society. I can't wait for the next meeting. :)

Right now I'm keeping South American Cichlids but I've kept a great verity of fish in the past. In New York we had the perfect water for Lake Tanganyika cichlids so of course I had several tanks with Neolamprologus multifasciatus, N. brevis, and Synodontis petricola. I tend to enjoy heavily planted tanks with smaller fish that have personality over brightly colored fish that hang in the water.

Hope to see all of you soon!

HN1
02-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Welcome to Georgia and the club!

Our next meeting is on March 7th at the Fernbank Science Center. All are welcome!

Erbskorn
02-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum

mountainman36
02-20-2015, 09:17 PM
welcome! water here is generally soft and neutral, so most anything does ok, some need adjustments, but its a good place to start.
im in Marietta too. some excellent LFS in the area, Premier Aquatics in Marietta and Optimum Aquarium in kennesaw are closest to you probably. Used to be a few more, but as im sure all over the country, Local fish stores are not nearly as common.

canoe
02-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Welcome. The meeting is held at the Fernbank Science Center, which is close to, but not the same as, the Fernbank Museum (of Natural History).

jmcman831
02-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Welcome! Optimum is a great place to go to. Very friendly and helpful, plus they know what they are doing. Hope you are enjoying being away from the 10ft of snow!

aXio
02-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Oh I think I know who this young lady is! *wink*