PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Moss

Shobhit
03-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to this hobby as well.
Few weeks ago, bought a 6 gal aquarium and added a Betta fish in it. I am now looking to add some live plants to the aquarium. But since I am new to aquariums, I would like to start with easy plant which requires no CO2.
Quick research on internet suggests, moss (Java/ Christmas) can be a good option. But none of the pet stores (Petsmart, Petco etc.) carry it.

Can anyone suggest where can I get some moss in Atlanta?

Thanks,
Shobhit

Garfieldnfish
03-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Where are you located at? I can hook you up with some plants if you are close to Acworth to include some java moss. All my tanks are low maintenance and easy plants as I do not use CO2. So what I have will do well in your tank. PM me is you are interested.

geotek
03-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Java fern would be another very easy plant to consider. I have an excess of narrow leaf Java fern. I live over on the NE side of ATL.

canoe
03-20-2015, 02:04 AM
There will be plants-a-plenty at the spring auction. There is always Java moss and fern.

fishingmadness
03-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Was at Aviarium in Duluth yesterday and they had some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gloriousbettas
05-22-2015, 06:32 PM
We usually have java fern and java moss at our mini auctions after each meeting, too.

Kendra

jayo
06-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Where are you located at? I can hook you up with some plants if you are close to Acworth to include some java moss. All my tanks are low maintenance and easy plants as I do not use CO2. So what I have will do well in your tank. PM me is you are interested.

Garfieldnfish, I'm at Bells Ferry and 92, Id be interested in purchasing some as well. I'm putting together a low maintenance planted 30 gallon for my Arowana :help:. (Before anyone goes crazy, I'm putting together a 220 in my basement for his forever home):popcorn:

That one is gonna be heavily planted along with a C02 system...... Soon as I get the time to reseal the damn thing!:thumbsdown:

PM me if you have some moss, or fern, or whatever you might have! :thankyou: