PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Buford

CLINT404
03-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Well I've been in the hobby since the late 80's as a kid and have kept everything from Bettas, goldfish, community freshwater, cichlids, piranhas and even reef tanks. I decided to get back into the hobby after shutting down my reef tanks a few years ago because of a couple cross country moves and picked up a little 5 gal hex for my son to see if he would enjoy the hobby. He seems to enjoy it but with the limited options of a 5, i bought him a 16 gal bowfront kit and upgraded the equipment so he could expand his options a bit.

On a mission to discover a local source of dwarf/Pygmy corydoras, I stumbled upon this site and a posting from Donny (chevybow). I made it out in February and was able to meet a bunch of the club members and enjoyed being able to help with his fish room breakdown and meet some good people. My son and I made it to the March meeting and thoroughly enjoyed Michael's presentation on local fish.

I have since gotten permission from my better half to set up another tank (29g) because the two smaller kribs I picked up from Donny decided to spawn within a few days and started showing aggression to the corys (of course). Luckily my wife took a liking to them and it's all set up and ready now for the rest of the colony (if I can track them down and they aren't spoken for). Any leads on this will be appreciated, as I know they are slated for auction but I'm unsure who is currently babysitting them or if they are even willing to part ways.

Well I think that about sums it up. I hope to make it to the spring auction so I can pick up a pile of plants to outfit the cory tank and appease my new LED Finnex fixture. If you have any questions or just wanna say hello, fire away!

Clint

fishdude3233
03-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Hey man. I think I remember you form the meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HN1
03-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Hey Clint! Thanks for helping so much at Donny's and welcome to the club!

canoe
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Welcome again. Hope your son is enjoying the hobby.

CLINT404
04-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Fishdude3233 - We were standing in the back and then moved to the front when they mentioned there were seats open. Had to leave during the auction for another event. I look forward to meeting more people from the club at the next meeting.

HN1 - Thanks, glad we were able to help out.

canoe - He seems to be somewhat engaged, time will tell I suppose.