PDA

View Full Version : Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 LED Fixtures Now Shipping!

CLINT404
04-27-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm not a light guru yet but I've been happy with my finnex planted plus fixture. Amazon had the planted plus 24/7 with automated features (similar to the current fixtures) for preorder when I bought mine, but it now appears they are shipping early. It originally said mid-May but when I checked today, they are shipping on prime for $67-$124 for 20-48" models. I want to say they had 20/24/30/36/48" models available.

I think the remotes and all the crazy adjustments on all these LED fixtures are a bit gimmicky, but they're priced similar to the planted plus, just with the added features. The 24/7 built in program is what I like about them, as you can't use a ramp timer with the planted plus.

Just wanted to to share for those that may be in the market for an LED fixture.

RLHam3
04-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Have heard a lot about these lately. What size did you get and is the light powerful enough for your taste?

CLINT404
04-28-2015, 12:13 PM
I have the standard planted plus (not this new 24/7 with automated features) in a 30" model that I bought a few months back for a 29 gal. I want to say it was $75 on Amazon, perhaps a little less. The standard model has a switch on one side for the white & red lights and one on the other for the 8 blue "moonlights". They are not on a separate power source however so changes require a manual adjustment. I just run all the lights at the same time on a timer because the tank seems to have better color with the addition of the blues.

I'm very satisfied with the overall look and plant growth as this is my first venture into LEDs. It is certainly a step up from T8 fixtures with plant bulbs and the cost to run them is very cheap (I think the box said an average of $5.50 annually at 8hrs/day). I think if you have low to moderate lighting requirements, you would be happy with them.

If you are concerned about a particular species that you currently have, I would be happy to set up an experiment for you if I'm not presently growing it.