PDA

View Full Version : Purchase from Auction - getting in touch w/ seller

jitster
04-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi there,

I bought 3 Russian Moscow Guppies from the Auction. 1 of the females of the 3 some died the next day. I believe the first name of the seller was John. How do I get in touch with him to see how to remediate this (if there is something). I bought 2 pairs of guppies from another seller, they are doing fine.

Thanks!
-Jit

Demonfish
04-30-2015, 12:31 PM
auction fish are pretty much as is, at your own risk. you can ask to buy more of them, but don't expect replacements. The fancier the guppy, the more fragile they are and you can also kill guppies by dropping them into our soft water if they've come from a hard, alkaline water place like most of FA.

aXio
04-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Hi there,

I bought 3 Russian Moscow Guppies from the Auction. 1 of the females of the 3 some died the next day. I believe the first name of the seller was John. How do I get in touch with him to see how to remediate this (if there is something). I bought 2 pairs of guppies from another seller, they are doing fine.

Thanks!
-Jit

Yeah I would not ever expect replacements from an auction. All purchases should be done at your own risk. Always keep in mind these fish sit in bags all day at the auction so there will always been some stressed out more the others. Demonfish is right that you must be careful as to the water parameters you are putting new fish in. Some of these specialized types were kept in very specific water. You could contact the seller to purchase another female, but I personally would not feel right at all asking for a replacement on an auction purchase.

Jakub

mountainman36
04-30-2015, 08:01 PM
i would think that was understood...there is no guarantee....thats a bit ......much ....to expect

Larry Bugg
04-30-2015, 08:39 PM
While I would agree that all sales are final I have to add that if someone contacts me right away after the auction I would be inclined to replace the fish if I had more of them. You never know till you ask.

Uptown Ruler
05-01-2015, 08:12 AM
If I have extras I would replace the fish free of charge....actually Larry had one of my fish die from an auction and he contacted me and I replaced it for him

And Larry has done the same for me recently

Demonfish
05-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I guess I would also do that for a club member at the next meeting, but I can't expect anyone that drove in from out of state to replace an auction fish.

joleymon
05-01-2015, 08:29 PM
What about the Honduran Redpoints I bought and now my school of 20+ Rasbororas are dying at a high rate
OOPS MY BAD :angel:
Or as my Uncle George said
DDD

joleymon
05-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry if that was too much, but I just had back surgery today and I'm just not right

CLINT404
05-01-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm not naming names out of respect for the individual and I don't want him harassed for his kindness but.... I had a similar situation happen to me so I contacted the seller to see if I could purchase more from him. He said that he had some extras and was willing to replace them free of charge for me.

I wouldnt expect them to replace the item, but there are some stand up individuals that lurk these forums - you never know what your gonna get!

jitster
05-17-2015, 06:04 PM
thanks all. Guess the first step is to find out how to contact the seller. I have the item # 197-50, but not sure how to get in touch with seller. Is there a moderator who can mesg the seller to get in touch if he/she so wishes, so that I can get a replacement (will pay), if they have?

HN1
05-18-2015, 07:20 AM
I would suggest PMing gofish (Brian).