PDA

View Full Version : Blood parrot aggression

ladystrange25
06-11-2015, 09:51 AM
I have a 90 gallon with a oscar, gar, blood parrot, raphael cat and a senegal bichir. I added another blood parrot and another bichir after I rearranged the tank.

My old blood parrot is terrorizing the new one. They are both the same size and I was hoping that rearranging the tank would have prevented any aggression but it hasn't. The old parrot is chasing and biting the new parrot.

Should I try rearranging the tank again or what are my options to get them to get along?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

aXio
06-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Tank just might be too small for that many large fish =/

ladystrange25
06-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Only the gar is full grown and he's very inactive in his old age.

Demonfish
06-12-2015, 05:01 PM
hybrids can be unpredictable. They may settle down once the new one admits he is beaten, or he may be beaten and starved to death. Parrots are pushed as "peaceful" cichlids, but really its just some can't close their mouths effectively enough to do as much damage as normal fish. If you see blood or scales missing or a fish doesn't eat for more than a few days, you have to separate them right away. If they just chase and nip fins, you can watch for a while longer. But take one out if the fin damage gets close to the fleshy part or is severe enough to affect swimming.

ladystrange25
06-14-2015, 04:23 PM
The old one bit the new one on the head and drew blood so I moved the new one to my 55 gallon until I can find him a new home.