PDA

View Full Version : Stupid CO2 Misshap

average_azn
07-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Hey guys,
I wanted to share something that I just did yesterday so that people can learn from my stupidity and not do what I do!

I have two paintball co2 systems setup on smaller tanks in my house. Well Yesterday I took both tanks into some paintball place to fill them during my lunch break. Stupid me didn't even think twice about leaving two freshly filled CO2 tanks in my hot car for the remainder of the work day! Around 6, I come back to my car and immediately get in and start it. Something felt strange... like I couldn't really breathe... I looked at my CO2 tanks in the passenger seat and theyre both sweating with condensation. When it finally hit me that both Pressure Burst Discs had blown and I was sitting in a car full of CO2, I rolled down the windows and got out to get some air. Thank god they didnt blow while I was driving home!

So there it is. Dont leave CO2 tanks in a hot car! But most of you probably knew that already and are calling me an idiot right now...

Anyways, does anyone know if I can just pop a new burst disc in these tanks and use them again?

Larry Bugg
07-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Hey guys,
I wanted to share something that I just did yesterday so that people can learn from my stupidity and not do what I do!

I have two paintball co2 systems setup on smaller tanks in my house. Well Yesterday I took both tanks into some paintball place to fill them during my lunch break. Stupid me didn't even think twice about leaving two freshly filled CO2 tanks in my hot car for the remainder of the work day! Around 6, I come back to my car and immediately get in and start it. Something felt strange... like I couldn't really breathe... I looked at my CO2 tanks in the passenger seat and theyre both sweating with condensation. When it finally hit me that both Pressure Burst Discs had blown and I was sitting in a car full of CO2, I rolled down the windows and got out to get some air. Thank god they didnt blow while I was driving home!

So there it is. Dont leave CO2 tanks in a hot car! But most of you probably knew that already and are calling me an idiot right now...

Anyways, does anyone know if I can just pop a new burst disc in these tanks and use them again?

One good story deserves another. I have shared this story before but it has been about 5 years. Don't leave them in a hot car but also don't drive with them unsecured in the car...........

I fill a 5lb tank up during lunch one day and put it on the floorboard behind the drivers seat. Didn't secure it in any way. I was coming off a exit on 400 and the tank rolled. It rolled in a manner that somehow turned the valve on the tank. and Co2 started spewing out of the tank. Stupid me didn't think of quickly rolling down the windows. Oh no, I desperately was grabbing for the valve on the tank behind me to shut it off. I was feeling just a wee bit dizzy as I got the valve turned off and then thought to open a window, duh.....

canoe
07-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Thank you both for educating us on what not to do.