PDA

View Full Version : FREE Gerbil, Male, Needs a Home

Hilde
08-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Needing to find a home for a male Gerbil. I adopted him last year. I was told it was a female. Thus this year got a female gerbil. Recently saw a lot of behavior between the 2 that shows that the 1st gerbil is a male. I don't want babies so he needs to be rehomed.

I do occasionally go to Alpharetta and Sandy Springs, thus may be able to deliver to you. Text me at 404-784-3991

I have not tamed him. I think he is tameable though for the previous owner handled him and he has never bitten me. I use to clean the 20g long tank with 2 gerbils in it but they would get in the way. It was like they were trying to stop me. Thus trained him to go into a jar when transferring him to another tank in order to clean his tank. I put my hand over it and have never gotten bitten. Gerbils don't drink much so their home doesn't need cleaning daily.

cswain123
08-01-2015, 04:03 PM
How do you not have hundreds already? Ours multiplied faster than duckweed! Ours never bit us when we were growing up, they were nice little pets. Good luck rehoming him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hilde
08-02-2015, 10:04 AM
How do you not have hundreds already? Ours multiplied faster than duckweed! Ours never bit us when we were growing up, they were nice little pets. Good luck rehoming him!

The female must have not been mature enough for mating till now. I know from my experience with mice how quickly rodents can out grow their home.

Tuesday I plan to take him to Petland in Dunwoody. I was told I could put him up for adoption there with his home.

Since you have many I would like to see a pic of their home. I feel 2 in a 20g long is just bare minimum. I have acquired a cage I am going to use for a topper 1 of these days. Getting old and dealing with allergies it takes me longer than I expect to get projects done.

cswain123
08-02-2015, 11:18 AM
We haven't had any in years but we kept them in aquariums with the wire lids usually used for reptiles. I don't think ours ever managed to climb the glass of an aquarium though. Maybe the silicon in the corners would be a different story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk