PDA

View Full Version : How to be a successful Runner

Mog Carns
09-28-2015, 09:46 AM
1. Stand up in the front of the stage; see everything coming up for auction.

2. Take the bag from the auctioneer.

3. Watch the bidding so you know where the bag goes.

4. Get clipboard with the receipt. It has a pen attached.

5. Carry bag to buyer.

6. Have buyer sign the receipt.

7. Give the buyer the bottom copy.

8. Take the top copy to data entry.

9. Return to the line and turn in the clipboard.

This is the position I am familiar with... someone else can tell you how to do another one.

Tangfan
09-28-2015, 10:21 AM
I will also add, that an extra special touch that was provided to me by 1 runner yesterday was while I was signing a slip for an item I just won, the next item was also an item I wanted, the runner actually started bidding for me seeing me trying to do 2 things at one time. Was much appreciated.

Aquarius Maximus
10-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Jeremy: well done!

In addition, I found that bidders will often RUN UP the bid price once they have a good look at the item UP CLOSE, so I tried to carry the bag over closer to active bidders.

John Adams

HN1
10-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Jeremy: well done!

In addition, I found that bidders will often RUN UP the bid price once they have a good look at the item UP CLOSE, so I tried to carry the bag over closer to active bidders.

John Adams

That is only an option very late into the auction or if 2 bidders happen to be close together very near the front. I agree that it definitely helped prices though.

Mog Carns
03-18-2016, 10:37 AM
Bumping this up.

If you are physically able to walk for an hour or two, consider signing up to be a runner when auction sign ups come online.