PDA

View Full Version : Rams full circle

cswain123
10-23-2015, 08:05 AM
Bought a bag of rams at last falls auction that were a little bigger than fingernails. I now have 2f and 3m. They've looked breeding size for the past couple months and one pair has formed. The other female goes back and forth between the other two males. Fingers crossed she'll pick the eb one! Last few weeks I really started jacking up the temp. In the 80's for sure. I also placed a flower pot bottom and hoped they'd go to work. After a couple weeks nothing so I figured the water must be too hard or ph too high. I put a pantyhose filled with peat moss in the tank over the weekend and it was the last part of the equation. Yesterday I had ram eggs! Dad guards them way more than the mom. I know they'll probably not survive the first go round but I'll at least give them a chance. Plus I can't set up more tanks right now. They're also in a community tank but do a great job of keeping their corner empty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

HN1
10-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Congrats! Rams have some of the most interesting breeding behaviors in my opinion. Good luck with this and future spawns!

cswain123
10-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Thanks! Hopefully future spawns. These eggs are already gone lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk