PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Experienced aquarist in North Atlanta

Tropical
10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Hi All,
I've been part of online fish forms for a long time, and just for fun decided to check if there were any local ones. I was so happy to see there is one in Atl!!!

I just moved back a month ago from Europe, and got all my tanks out of storage, and they are cycling/not set up yet...

I'm looking to stock the with nanos, but I have yet to find any in a pet shop here.... Any recommendations? Maybe have to buy online....

Also, I see the next meeting is coming soon, do I need a paid membership to attend?

Thanks!

Tangfan
10-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Welcome back to the states and to the forum.

You do not need to be a member in order to attend the meetings (everyone is welcomed) but membership is appreciated to keep the club going. As a member, you do get a monthly newsletter as well as a better split when you sell something at an auction.

As for nano's, there are several on here who keep and breed various shrimp and do see some CPD for sale on a quarterly basis. Not sure what other type of fish fall into that category since most of my tanks are dedicated to Africans (we all have our little niche of a preference).

HN1
10-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Welcome back to Atlanta! Like Tang says, there are a few people in the club keeping and breeding nanos. It may also be worth it to give Premier Aquatics a call. They get some cool stuff in from time to time and I'm sure they could order for you too.

aXio
10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Right now we have in stock for nano fish...

CPDs
Boraras brigittae (Chili Rasbora)
Ember Tetra
Sparkling Gourami
Green Neon Tetra
Samurai Gourami
Nano Esque Pencilfish
Hastatus Corydoras
Pygmaeus Corydoras
Cherry Shrimp
Red Crystal Shrimp
Orange Rili Shrimp
Red Rili Shrimp
Blue Velvet Shrimp
CPOs (Dwarf Mexican Lobster)
Amano Shrimp
Blue Stiphodon Gobies
Honey Dwarf Gourami
and much more!

- Ton of Plants!!!
- I have Mr.Aqua Aquasoil and the new AquaVitro Humate soil for aquascaping soils.
- Lots of aquascaping tools and supplies as well as co2 supplies.

I think it will be worth checking us out if you are looking for a good freshwater store in GA. =)

Jakub

Tropical
10-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Who would I contact about the CPD's?

I will probably join, as I plan to breed and then hopefully sell fish, so the better spilt makes sense!

Wow that's quite the list! A lot of the fish I'm interested in, plus a lot more!

GTMerciless
10-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Welcome! Premiere is a great store. Good selection and great staff, I highly recommend them. Garfieldnfish has CPDs for sale every so often, not sure if she currently has any. I have seen a few others selling them from time to time as well.

Hope to see you at a meeting some time.

Tropical
11-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Was nice meeting a lot of you at the meeting! I was one of the youngest by far!

Tangfan
11-10-2015, 09:57 AM
We're not old, we're experienced. :shades::dance2:

Tropical
11-10-2015, 10:02 AM
Haha good one!