PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Weather Loach
10-31-2015, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone,

Glad to be a part of the forum!!

I have been keeping fish (childhood not included) since 2011. I have 7 FW tanks and 1 Brackish Dwarf Mudskipper tank. They range from 125g to 10g.

My favorite fish are Loaches. Actually, I'm slightly obsessed with Loaches :) I have them in all of the tanks except the brackish, of course. I have 1 empty tank that is set up as a breeding tank for a pair of Ancistrus claro that will arrive next week. Don't worry, the tank is fully cycled. I just moved the fish that were in there so it's ready to go.

Other than fish, my other pets include 3 cats. Puff, Acorn, and Chloe. All adopted from shelters.

That's about all I can think of right now. Looking forward to being on the forum!!

mountainman36
10-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Welcome! lots of great aquarium folks here. Lots of info. Try to make the meetings and join the club. some great info out there

Weather Loach
10-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Thank you mountainman. I won't be able to attend any meetings since I live in Chattanooga. I am very happy to have found a forum/club that is relatively close though.

HN1
10-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the forum from a fellow loach fiend!

Weather Loach
10-31-2015, 08:25 PM
Thank you!! I had never heard of a loach fish until I was researching fish back in 2011. I found them and can't get enough.

aXio
10-31-2015, 11:38 PM
Welcome! I like the avatar picture =)

caricell
11-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Loaches are cool. Leeches are another matter. :)

Weather Loach
11-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Thank you aXio, it's one of my babies

Weather Loach
11-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Haaa, thankfully I've never had to experience leeches!!

Briemesm
11-01-2015, 07:45 PM
A hearty welcome Weather Loach! If you can't make it to meetings, I hope we can get you to pop down at least for one of our full day Auctions in the Spring and Fall. They are a sight to behold with the 1,000 + bags for sale. Or possibly even for a summer picnic or winter party. We always love to meet new people, even if we can't see you every month!

If you're on Facebook, make sure to "like" our AAAA FB page to stay up with the latest events (https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaAquarium/). We also have a chat group for the club on Facebook that is another great resource for connecting with local fish lovers and members of AAAA (https://www.facebook.com/groups/45997858493/). I hope we see you on some of these resources too. Also, that loach picture is AWESOME! If you'd ever consider it, I'd love to feature one of your pics on our new AAAA Instagram acct, AtlFishClub. I have a post in "general" on how to get those pics to me.

Cheers and welcome again, we're glad you're here!

Mog Carns
11-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the forums at least!

There is a shortage of loaches in our BAP program of late.

Weather Loach
11-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't had any breed for me. I'm pretty sure if any spawning is going on, the other fish are having a feast!! I will be setting up a hillstream-only tank soon so maybe will have some luck then.

@Briemesm: you are more than welcome to use the photo or any others!!