PDA

View Full Version : EOs and aquariums

Briemesm
11-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Has anyone ever heard of problems with diffusing essential oils (EOs) in your house when you are a fish keeper? I don't have a fish room, just tanks all over the house, and was thinking about getting a diffusing humidifier ... But wondered if anyone had experience with this before I made a purchase. Clearly I wouldn't set up a diffuser near a tank, though possibly in the same large room. Thanks!

Pierre
11-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I have my 125 in the living room where we use an EOs for the last 6 months and have not seen any issues.

aXio
11-10-2015, 03:39 PM
I had to use one when I was still taking over the parents basement with all my tanks =) Never had any issues with it.

Briemesm
11-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Perfect! Thanks guys! The articles I found were more about essential oils and treating pets (I mean, duh, you shouldn't dip your fish in EOs), found a bit of limited chatter on other forums concurring, but i'd rather hear experience from ppl I know and trust. So thank you!

caricell
11-10-2015, 11:26 PM
My wife sells eo's and has them diffusing around the house all the time. Never affected my fish.

Has anyone ever heard of problems with diffusing essential oils (EOs) in your house when you are a fish keeper? I don't have a fish room, just tanks all over the house, and was thinking about getting a diffusing humidifier ... But wondered if anyone had experience with this before I made a purchase. Clearly I wouldn't set up a diffuser near a tank, though possibly in the same large room. Thanks!

gloriousbettas
12-06-2015, 12:15 PM
I sell Organic essential oils, etc. and use my diffuser in one room that has four tanks and another that has ten tanks and fish are all healthy.

Sent from my iPad

awflip
12-07-2015, 04:48 PM
What about incense? Occasionally I will burn incense in the same room my tanks are in. I have never noticed a problem, but I have limited experience, I just started keeping planted tanks about a year ago.