PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Heater

Hilde
12-29-2015, 03:01 PM
I recently bought an Eheim heater. It is a pain to adjust in the water. Thus began to wonder what are other's favorite heaters?

Tropical
12-30-2015, 06:20 PM
I have a mix of heaters and all are a pain to adjust, but you usually only need to do that once or twice in the beginning....

Most of mine are preset ones, that go to 78 anyways.

oxheart
12-30-2015, 07:19 PM
switch last year to finnex heaters so far ..... they have been extremely reliable . I ran jagers before but they are a pain to set .. the finnex piece of cake . They have my vote at the moment , they haven't killed any of my fish yet .
Rick

caricell
12-30-2015, 09:32 PM
I have been switching slowly from jagers to the finnex digital (HPS series). A piece of cake to set...highly accurate and reliable.

canoe
01-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Mostly I rely on Eheim Jager heaters. I did splurge and bought a couple of Fluval E series (digital) heaters, and they are quite nice. If you have large aggressive fish, these work great as they are fully "armored." They do need to have a steady source of water flow for consistent operation. An outflow tube properly directed is sufficient.

aXio
01-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Personally the only one I use and trust is the Ehiem Jager or if I need something more heavy duty I use a Titanium heater on a controller.

Jakub