PDA

View Full Version : BN Plecos

Garfieldnfish
01-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Happy New Years to all.
Since I have hit a dry spot with my other pleco's breeding I am tempted to add one of my female BNs to the males' tank. In the past this has resulted in a male sitting on eggs within just days. I have not breed BNs in years as they used to overrun my tanks. But I have a little space now and a craving for fry. The female is a long finned brown BN, the males are 2 long finned brown and 1 short fin brown. All of the long fins have albino genes in them so the off spring could be a good mix of long, short, brown and albino. I cannot remember if the short fin male has the albino gene but there is only a 33% chance she mates with him and I am willing to play the odds. Question is are there enough people in the club that would take some of the fry off my hands if they breed?

aXio
01-01-2016, 05:48 PM
If there aren't enough members Liz and I would gladly buy whats left over from you for the store. I know it's a bit of a drive for you but that is always an option! We can work something out where I can just write you a check if you aren't needing any store credit.

Jakub

mountainman36
01-01-2016, 08:21 PM
I want to get mine breeding too, so i need a few adults...id take fry and grow them up, so ill take some