PDA

View Full Version : Salvini,Green Terror, Rapheal catfish?

fishhawk
01-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Hello
I would like to keep Green terrors, Salvini and Rapheal catfish in a 180 gallon tank. Would this be ok? If so how many? I was thinking 2 GT , 2 Salvini, 4 cats.

Ytyler83
03-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Yeah that would be fine, you should have room for some more Cichlids as well. Raphael cats grow slow and don't get too large, they will probably spend most of their time hiding. As long as you have good filtration, you will be good.:thumbsup:

aXio
03-05-2016, 11:04 AM
I would keep an eye on the Green Terrors. Those are going to get MUCH larger then the Salvini will. And the aggression level of Green Terrors are going to be hit or miss as well. I have seen some push overs, but I have seen some very aggressive once that killed everything in the tank.

Might want to look into something like Electric Blue Acara instead. They are in the same family of fish as the Green Terror, so they have a very similar body shape but do not get nearly as large. They are beautiful fish as well.

Jakub

Ytyler83
03-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Agreed, green terror personalities can be hit or miss, as long as they have enough space to claim territories and they are raised together from juvi's; it should be ok.

ronv
03-05-2016, 06:59 PM
I would also recommend that a # other than two might work better. One of the two fish will likely be more aggressive than the other making life difficult for the weaker. In a 180 you might be OK but I would rather see a group of 6-8 which would allow the aggression to be spread out.

jayo
03-08-2016, 06:08 PM
I would keep an eye on the Green Terrors. Those are going to get MUCH larger then the Salvini will. And the aggression level of Green Terrors are going to be hit or miss as well. I have seen some push overs, but I have seen some very aggressive once that killed everything in the tank.

Might want to look into something like Electric Blue Acara instead. They are in the same family of fish as the Green Terror, so they have a very similar body shape but do not get nearly as large. They are beautiful fish as well.

Jakub

Salvini's are well known assassins! They are known to kill fish as well so id watch them also. I personally dont think Blue Acara's would stand a chance against the Terror or Salvini. Just my .02

I currently have 1 GT, 2 Salvini, 2 Firemouth, 2 Cubans, and 2 Red Festae and the GT hardly gets bothered, but every now and then the Salvini and Cuban go at it and 1 of the Festae joins in. There all about 1.5-4" long in a 125. I have a Eheim Pro 2, and AC 110 for filteration.

Jakub, I picked up the 2 Festae from you BTW! :king:

heatherbeast
03-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Raphaels are tough as nails once you get them past the 6" mark. :)