PDA

View Full Version : True Festae

Domachowski86
01-15-2016, 05:22 AM
I brought 4 True Festae fry at 1 inch and they have a whole 75 gallon one there own my question is how long will it take them to color up ?

aXio
01-15-2016, 09:38 AM
I brought 4 True Festae fry at 1 inch and they have a whole 75 gallon one there own my question is how long will it take them to color up ?

They should start showing color around 2-3". Won't really fully color up until closer to 4-5". Hard to give an actually length of time as that will entirely depend on your feeding/maintenance habits. You could do the "Discus Method" as I have come to call it. Where you do smaller feedings 5-6 times a days. Fish can digest most foods within an hour. But when you feed fish that often they are producing WAY more organic waste... so that where you here discus people talking about daily water changes.

So you can fatten up and grow them up quicker, just how have to counter with proper cleaning. Also keep in mind when growing them out faster like that it will be more important to keep a good mixed balance of foods. Sometimes when growing out that quickly on just pellets or flakes they tend to loose some color as they are getting malnourished.

Jakub

peacefulcounselor
01-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Also, when they are fry, they are very aggressive. They will calm down somewhat as they get larger. Be prepared to separate the little ones if you have to. I've been through it and had one fry left when the killing spree was over. Where did you get your fry?

Domachowski86
01-15-2016, 10:48 AM
i got the fry from wetspot tropicals in california I wanted to get a male and female around 3-4 inches but i can't find anywhere in Georgia that has them

Domachowski86
01-15-2016, 10:55 AM
and as for the food I'm crushing the NLS pellets 3 - 4 times a day with a 10% water change every other day