PDA

View Full Version : Worth fixing a Fluval 403?

likestofish
01-19-2016, 12:49 AM
I have a Fluval 403 thats been in storage for the past 5 years, it worked fine before being put away but now I cant get it to go even when full of water.I'm starting fish keeping again and trying to get it working but it just wont start pumping. The impeller just wont spin, and it just stays quiet but when I open it up to test to see if the motors burnt out it still vibrating the magnet portion of the impeller. I also managed to brake the ceramic shaft today doing this. So is it worth getting another impeller and trouble shooting or just buy a new filter.

jhw972
01-19-2016, 07:52 AM
A new shaft only costs a few bucks. Probably worth a decent try. First thing I would do after replacing the shaft is clean everything well and try just the motor in the box with a little water and see if the impeller spins.

If it was a 103/203, I could help you out with a shaft. Found some in my spares kit yesterday as I was digging through things.

likestofish
01-19-2016, 10:00 AM
I had done a overhaul trying to get it ready and cleaned it out completely. The impeller is clean and so was the shaft. The biggest issue is that it wont spin, even when I was messing with the shaft it would just vibrate but never turn the magnet completely around.