View Full Version : Foam for tank dividers?

01-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Wondering if anyone in town sells large sheets of small pore foam that could be used as dividers in angel breeding tanks. Angels Plus has it, but to make it worth the shipping I'd need to buy a lot...

Larry Bugg
01-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Be careful what you buy. Not all foam is safe for aquarium use and most doesn't do a good job as a divider because it doesn't hold it's shape over time. The foam Angel's plus sells is "Poret". It is the only foam I recommend using. It will hold it's shape for years. It is also great for in sumps and matten filters. It is expensive but well worth it. You won't find it locally. The other place you will find it is at Swiss Tropicals http://www.swisstropicals.com/filtration-shop/. Years ago we did a group buy on the 4' x 8' sheets which helped with the price and shipping.

01-21-2016, 06:36 AM
I would be interested in getting some myself, if there is enough interest to do a group buy. Of course, if I came home with a 4'x8' sheet of it, my wife would have a fit....

01-21-2016, 07:05 AM
Email Stephan and tell him what you want . Give him the inside measurements and what color/pore foam you want. He will sell you the stuff already cut. His foam is expensive, yet works the best. I still have in use, in great shape, foam from him that is close to 15 years old. Pretty inexpensive considering it will last forever. I use the blue and the black in 2" thickness as tank dividers all the time. Stays put all by itself if it is just slightly bigger than the inside diameter of the tank.

01-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Would you have Stephan's email address? I'd like to get a quote from him for some foam. Thanks!

01-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Would you have Stephan's email address? I'd like to get a quote from him for some foam. Thanks!

Larry Bugg
01-21-2016, 08:24 PM
I haven't looked at the website for quite some time but he used to offer it already pre cut for standard tank sizes.