PDA

View Full Version : North Georgia Aquarist Group

Mattdavison713
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM
If you live in the Atlanta metro area or northern Georgia come check us out always a lot going on and always new things happening https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694782227412144/

aXio
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM
So are you only here to spam post your group? Also you do realize this club also has a Facebook page and this club/group is about exactly what your group is about? I'm not saying that your doing anything with malicious intent at all... but since your only posts have been too promote your club/group which is in the same region as this club it just kind of looks bad. And you have posted the same thing in 3-4 different areas now... I think one post is plenty to promote your group.

Mattdavison713
02-03-2016, 03:37 PM
No just trying to get my profile picture and took the advice I have I don't mean to spam but finally got it to work and I'am aware of the AAAA on Facebook but there's barley any members on it figured I'd spread the word of another group on Facebook as well I'm sorry if it looks bad but been years since Larry told me to join this page and figured I'd give her a swing I'm mostly on Facebook I do apologize if it looks bad

aXio
02-03-2016, 03:38 PM
No worries. Like I said not saying you were doing anything with malicious intent. Just this club puts forth a lot of time/energy/and money to keep it going and keep membership up. If you got good social media skill you might want to look into getting to know some of the board members and maybe think about getting your members on here so everyone is in one place. Welcome to the club =)

Mattdavison713
02-03-2016, 03:42 PM
I'm happy I finally got to put a picture up the fun part is finished but it'll be my first event to go to outside my groups I have heard it's always fun and very informal I miss having Larry so close to me but I can't wait to see how he sets up at his new place I'd love to help him in currently get ready in early March to help out another breeder on the Alabama side of Georgia with his fish room which he breeds discus as well but I've been having more luck with Angels and jaguar cichlids

aXio
02-03-2016, 03:45 PM
We all love Larry =) He is an amazing person and always willing to help and give advice. Definitely has been a very important member of this club for many years.

HN1
02-03-2016, 03:57 PM
So are you only here to spam post your group? Also you do realize this club also has a Facebook page and this club/group is about exactly what your group is about? I'm not saying that your doing anything with malicious intent at all... but since your only posts have been too promote your club/group which is in the same region as this club it just kind of looks bad. And you have posted the same thing in 3-4 different areas now... I think one post is plenty to promote your group.

I concur. Matt- please limit these types of posts. They will be discussed at our next BoD meeting to determine if they will be allowed in the future.

Mattdavison713
02-03-2016, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't see why someone posting for a Facebook group would be inappropriate other than fear of loosing members to events or the group itself but I promise I mean no harm its my group I started to connect everyone from Atlanta to the borders or north Georgia since there are such few aquarium stores in the northern parts of Georgia you literally have to drive an hour to Cleveland or two hours to trion or two hours to Athens but lol Petco got bought out by a good company which means their selection is about to fall of completely spoke with someone the other day they said they will be removing all tanks and animals from the stores to test the waters

aXio
02-03-2016, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't see why someone posting for a Facebook group would be inappropriate other than fear of loosing members to events or the group itself but I promise I mean no harm its my group I started to connect everyone from Atlanta to the borders or north Georgia since there are such few aquarium stores in the northern parts of Georgia you literally have to drive an hour to Cleveland or two hours to trion or two hours to Athens but lol Petco got bought out by a good company which means their selection is about to fall of completely spoke with someone the other day they said they will be removing all tanks and animals from the stores to test the waters

I honestly think it just looked bad because you posted a lot of posts about it as well as posting in others people's posts. Also it was the very first thing you did after joining the forum. If you just made one post about the group probably no one would of even said anything to you. But seriously though... what you described your group being about is EXACTLY what AAAA is here for... we have been here since the 90s might seriously want to considering just pulling your members into this club. Would probably help both parties.

Mattdavison713
02-03-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry but these days people in at least my group are on Facebook which is social medial I'm happy to say I may have only just started it only five or six months ago but I don't mind enjoying the group being mine I hope to get my group to this point in the future but I do understand what your talking about as far as me having too many post of the same thing but I see it as if they want other options let them have it in sure you have other groups your apart of as well maybe y'all should join too I need knowledgeable people and some extra admins to assist with everyday things from advice for members and also options on the best means to keep their aquatic pets or friends

HN1
02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Matt,

This isn't a social media group. This is a forum for the CLUB. Members pay dues, attend meetings with lectures on a wide variety of fish related topics, organize auctions, gather at social events, etc. There is a difference. I am personally in favor of anything that helps to grow the hobby, but the differences should be respected. I happen to know several club members who are also in your facebook group (including myself) so it should be easy to see that they can easily co-exist.

Len

peathenster
02-03-2016, 08:16 PM
I was in the group briefly. He asked for pictures of a tank I had for sale. I took and sent a bunch of pictures. Didn't get a word after that. Left the group and blocked the person to avoid further waste of time.

mountainman36
02-03-2016, 09:15 PM
i was in the group too. i dont think it was a good fit for me. All i can say is we have 355 members in the AAAA group that i can see on the facebook group....
I am glad you are trying to get your group going too. The more the better.

Demonfish
02-03-2016, 09:17 PM
I think we should welcome everyone, but anyone who wants to spam a lot should at least join or better yet become a sponsor. I don't mind reading about other activities but reading the same thing repeatedly (the best way to get views) is a drag and this forum is paid for by our membership. I like that its free and hope we can keep it that way.