PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Heaters?

zyyoll
02-09-2016, 08:59 AM
I would like to get away from glass aquarium heaters and am looking for a 150 to 200 w heater. Does anyone have experience with "JBJ Lighting JB1235 True Temp Digital Heater Controller" or " ViaAqua Titanium Aquarium Heater"? Or possibly another similar brand? Any reviews and recommendations would be appreciated. (Also any suggestions on where to get the best price)
I realize that one Marineland stealth pro was recalled by the Consumer Products Safety Commission, so I want to stay away from that one!

mountainman36
02-09-2016, 10:55 AM
i have two viaAqua titaniums...they are good. they both have a digital display. one resets to 81 however every time power goes out...not sure why, or how to fix it, but its no big deal

aXio
02-09-2016, 02:41 PM
The ViaAqua are good Titanium heaters. We stocked them for a long time. Swapped over to stocking the Aquatop Titanium heaters couple years back. They are very similar in design. The Aquatop seems a tiny bit more accurate then the ViaAqua.

How ever enough though I run titanium heaters on some of my larger systems... I still prefer the classic glass Eheim Jager heater. Hands down the best heater available on the market. And it is very hard to be a 5 year direct replace in-store warranty if something does happen. I have a 12+ year old Eheim still going strong.

Jakub

oxheart
02-09-2016, 06:01 PM
i run finnex digitals lol 54 of them . have never had a problem . hope I didn't just jinx myself . Seriously , great heaters .
Rick

bluefalcon505
02-09-2016, 06:08 PM
My ViaAqua went out 2 within the first year of them.

Matt H.

caricell
02-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Agreed on the finnex digitals, HPS series. Very accurate. Easy to set up and monitor.

i run finnex digitals lol 54 of them . have never had a problem . hope I didn't just jinx myself . Seriously , great heaters .
Rick

zyyoll
02-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Does anyone have experience with the "Finnex 150-Watt Hang-On Digital Controller Aquarium Heater, Titanium Tube, 30 to 60-Gallon"?

oxheart
02-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I have 2 but I think just using the hps will meet your needs, that said have never had a problem with the controller versions .
Rick