PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Breeding Questions

brian313313
02-28-2016, 09:11 AM
I have a new show aquarium. I moved two angelfish in there from another tank and they promptly spawned. The eggs are hatching this morning. I don't want them to have this aquarium though so have a few questions about this unintentional breeding.

When is it safe to move the fry? I have several empty 20 longs.
Should I move the fry & parents together? Not sure if the parents will react badly & eat them if I do. It may be easier to keep them together if the parents help with feeding.
What's the difference between Marble Veil & Double Marble Veil? I saw something on another post about "double". These are Marble Veil angels.

Thanks.

mountainman36
02-28-2016, 05:34 PM
you can move them as eggs more easily. once they hatch they will slide off whatever you move them in, so you will have to cut the leaf, or whatever and get it inside a jar or bag, then move it.

almost 100% chance if you move the parents with them, they will eat the spawn.
parents dont help feed them really.
Double means they have a double dose of a gene, making the fry more likely to express that gene. ie, more fry will be marble veils.

brian313313
02-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like the parents ate everything today. No more eggs & they aren't guarding anything. Hopefully they'll turn up but I'm not counting on it at this point.