PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Intro - Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

LFCanderson
03-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Hello All!

My name is Sinclair and Im excited about my new account/membership with the AAAA. I am an engineer, Shark Week enthusiast, and (hopefully) soon to be owner of my first salt water tank. I do have a 7 gallon freshwater tank at my office so Im not 100% new to the aquarium scene but I really want a large saltwater tank for my home.

I joined AAAA to gain the support/first-hand knowledge/encouragement needed to begin the process of selecting & setting up my first saltwater tank with equipment, live rock & (of course) fish! I have spent the last month reading several books on the subject, subscribing to relevant newsletters, and lurking on forums such as this one, however, Im still scared to death of actually jump-starting the process. The engineering side of me is an absolute perfectionist and its caused me to second guess every decision Ive tried to make but hopefully this forum can help change that!

I am setting a goal for myself to have a 40 gallon (but also considering larger, 50-75 g) tank, with all the necessary equipment, set up by next weekend. Im open to any and all advice, suggestions, and thoughts! Thanks in advance for letting me hang out with yall

TL;DR - Noobie riddled with anxiety as she looks to get her first saltwater tank

Tropical
03-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Hi there,
You're welcome here but we are more of a freshwater club, actually! The Atlanta Reef Club has all the saltwater stuff, they've got their own forum and club!

LFCanderson
03-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Good to know! This forum will still will be very helpful as far as my freshwater tank, especially because I want to upgrade that tank to a larger one (providing my manager approves it!)

aXio
03-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Welcome sir!

Definitely check out the ARC as well. Both clubs have amazingly helpful members.

Jakub

HN1
03-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Welcome aboard Sinclair! Glad to have you on board. I'm actually posting shortly about an Atlanta Reef Club event that we are taking part in. Keep an eye on the Club Happenings section! :)