PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new member Erik!

Erik_Clark
03-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Erik. I am 34. I kept fish (guppies) for about 4 years in California was a member of the IFGA but never showed. When I moved back to Georgia in 2010 I never had the space to start up again until now!

Right now I have a 50 gall bow front. Fresh water with some Corys in it while it cycles. Its about a week old at this point. I have 2 10 gallons, a 5 gallon and some hex tank I got for free that I am guessing is about 7 or so gallons.

My goals in the hobby are to have a nicely aquascaped display tank (my 50 gal) and try to get to the point where I can show/sell fancy guppies. I need to get my other tanks cycled and as soon as I do I will get my first in a long time breeding trio!!

I plan to attend the auction in April!

I am very excited to learn more about freshwater plants as well.

Erik

Tangfan
03-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the Club Erik. There are definitely people in the club who can help you with plants.

HN1
03-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Welcome Erik! Glad to have you on board.

Tropical
03-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Welcome! There will be a lot of nice guppies at the auction for sure! I'm bringing lots for sure.

Plants can be simple, or harder if you want it to be. My tanks are all heavily planted, but very low tech. I use root tab ferts every 1-2 months, and use Seachem Excel on a few tanks(the ones that are really high light plants!). And that's all.

Some people use CO2, expensive lighting, lots of ferts, and they're tanks look good as well just more work and $$$. It depends on your budget and what you like.

Mog Carns
03-09-2016, 03:25 PM
My sources of CO2 and Fertilizer are called fish.
:grin:

Tropical
03-09-2016, 03:40 PM
My sources of CO2 and Fertilizer are called fish.
:grin:

Lol me too. I was referring to additional pressurized CO2:P