PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

WMartin
03-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Hello everyone my wife and I just joined the club. We moved from pa 2.5 years ago. We were members of the aquarium club of Lancaster County (aclc). Kurt and Joel from that club recommended this club so here we are. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone. When we moved down her we had 14 tanks and a ton of freshwater fish. However after being here a few months some of the tanks crashed. Shortly after that we had a friend watch our remaining tanks while we were on vacation and they over fed the tanks and killed all but 2 fish. So we took all the tanks down for the last year and just set one up a few days ago. Since we are somewhat new to the area we found only box stores with the usual fish. That's when I reached out to my old club to find breeders in the area and they recommended AAAA.

HN1
03-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Welcome aboard to you and the Mrs.! I've heard nothing but great things about the ACLC. Isn't that Rachel's home club? Not sure what area you're in, but we do have a few good local shops. Our semi-annual auction is coming up on 4/17. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php/11605-Spring-2016-Auction-Registration-is-Now-Open!!! It'd be a great time to restock and I would love to meet ya'll there!

Len

WMartin
03-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Welcome aboard to you and the Mrs.! I've heard nothing but great things about the ACLC. Isn't that Rachel's home club? Not sure what area you're in, but we do have a few good local shops. Our semi-annual auction is coming up on 4/17. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php/11605-Spring-2016-Auction-Registration-is-Now-Open!!! It'd be a great time to restock and I would love to meet ya'll there!

Len

Yep it is Rachel's home club. I met her at 2 meetings. My wife and i would love to attend the auction. We live in Monroe and so far we only found one shop the avarium.

Tangfan
03-21-2016, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the club and area. Since your from PA, I'm curious as to what type of fish you're interested in. I'm originally from CT and know that Africans are very big in that part of the country. It's still what I'm interested in to this day.

HN1
03-21-2016, 10:41 PM
Yep it is Rachel's home club. I met her at 2 meetings. My wife and i would love to attend the auction. We live in Monroe and so far we only found one shop the avarium.

Very cool. I've actually only met her a couple times as well, but we've been online friends for years and I am a huge fan of hers. I'm not familiar with the Monroe area at all, but I've heard good things about Fish Bolz in Jonesboro and couldn't recommend a store more than Premier Aquatics if you happen to find yourself North of the perimeter. What do / did you keep?

WMartin
03-21-2016, 11:00 PM
We had a good variety. My wife loves pleco's so we had 17 of them as well as a few small catfish.
Butterfly goodied
Fancy guppy
6 different types of cory
Cribs
Jewels
Angels
Goldish
Tons of different tetras
Dwarf rainbows
Bumble bee goby
2 type of killi
Peacock gudgeons
There is more once I think of them
We didn't get to much into cichlids yet even though they are really popular up there.

Our club used to meet at "That Fish Place" for our meetinga so we had access to all kinds of awesome fish. Plus we would do tripa to a few stores in NJ.

WMartin
03-21-2016, 11:02 PM
If anyone has or knows where to get kribs please please please let me know.

HN1
03-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Very nice. I'm a fan of catfish too. You should check out Premier. The manager there is a huge pleco fan and keeps some really cool ones. You're going to love our water down here based on that list.

aXio
03-22-2016, 05:08 AM
Welcome to the club! We were all soo happy to finally get Rachel down here last year! Hope to see/meet you at the auction.

Mog Carns
03-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Kribs are brought to nearly every monthly meeting's mini auction for BAP points. You can usually get 6 juveniles (one, one and a half inches) for $2.

Adults are rarely brought in because no one wants to part with the perfect fish.

WMartin
03-23-2016, 02:57 PM
Awesome thank you we look forward to the next meeting.

WMartin
03-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the club! We were all soo happy to finally get Rachel down here last year! Hope to see/meet you at the auction.

We are all registered for the auction. See you there.