PDA

View Full Version : Great Newsletter

gloriousbettas
04-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Beautiful job on the Newsletter, Dave. The Fish pictures were beautiful. Just wanted to say thank you for the great job you do on the newsletter.

Kendra

Tangfan
04-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I agree. I always enjoy getting the newsletter every month. Gives me a little "Fish" boost. LOL

Tropical
04-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Agree, the newsletter is really nicely done! Big thumbs up!

likestofish
04-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Where do I find the newsletter?

Tangfan
04-05-2016, 10:29 AM
The newsletter is sent out electronically to the members of the club. One of the benefits of being a member. If your a member and you're not getting one, make sure that the club has your correct email address.

djramsey
04-05-2016, 10:29 AM
If you are a member of the club you received an email early this morning with the link to download the newsletter. If you aren't a member, click on the words 'Atlanta Area Aquarium Associaton' on the upper left of this page. Click join or renew and come aboard! Thanks to all for the kind words on the newsletter. Most months I don't know if anyone even knows it comes out. I send a notice to myself just to be sure the email goes out. Thanks to Bob Major sending me the article from Richard Pierce we had a great piece this month. And I could save my article about the Raleigh workshop until next month!

likestofish
04-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Oh, I found it. I was looking through my email looking for something with Atlanta Aquarium Association in the title.

likestofish
04-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Also it says the Auction starts at 11:00PM in the newsletter

Tropical
04-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Also it says the Auction starts at 11:00PM in the newsletter

I think registration is at 10, and it starts at 11?

likestofish
04-05-2016, 01:53 PM
I think registration is at 10, and it starts at 11?

11PM is very late at night

Tropical
04-05-2016, 02:03 PM
11PM is very late at night

Oh haha, didn't see that! Yeah it's 11am!

ronv
04-05-2016, 03:00 PM
I didn't get the newsletter.

Silver
04-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Well for some reason I don't get the news letter I been a member for years and years and I didn't get it almost for two years then Finally got it one time then it stop again lol

bluefalcon505
04-05-2016, 07:20 PM
You're not alone Silver, I am active member and I get the email, but I can't even view it. I have the current Adobe and have tried to view it from 2 PC and on phone. It would be nice to be able to read the newsletter.

djramsey
04-06-2016, 07:39 AM
Not getting the newsletter is one of 3 problems, your membership has lapsed, the notice is going to your trash/junk whatever file, or the database has a bad email address for you. If you do not let me know, not much I can do.
Ron, the database shows you as expired Nov 2015. Silver, I have no idea who you are. bluefalcon505, I have no idea who you are. Otherwise I would check the database and see what the expiration date and the email address is.
If you can not download and view the Adobe pdf file, which is the world's standard for this stuff, then try these options. Try a different browser. I am sure most of you have both Explorer and FireFox on your machine. Find where to clear the cache for your browse of downloaded pages. A partial pdf download will hang it up and prevent future downloading.
I work too hard on the newsletter, as do the people who contribute to it, for any member to miss the newsletter. Makes it all a waste of time. So lets get this fixed. But you have to give me some clues.
The newsletter gets tested on multiple machines. XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10 all get tested. Explorer and Firefox on each Windows version.

djramsey
04-06-2016, 07:40 AM
If that is the only error I have in the newsletter it was a good month for me. The majority of people will know the 11pm is really 11am. If not, they should get some really good buys that late at night.

ronv
04-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Dave, I normally update my membership at the fall auction every year. Don't remember if I did a check or card or.... maybe I forgot. i'll check it out and correct. I guess it's not good to be on the BOD and not be a member...

Silver
04-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Hey David I will check on junk e-mail tomorrow and see if there is something thanks for taking the time to try to solve the issue.