PDA

View Full Version : A. Siqury Rio Claro Honduras Cichlid

Hilde
04-17-2016, 06:04 PM
At the the auction the auctioneer said that the A.Siquia cichlids from Rio Claro Honduras were dwarf cichlids.

Found Archocentrus siquiaI Size: Males- 7 inches, Females- 4 inches. Is this their true size? I don't consider this a dwarf cichlid.

I only have 20g long for them. I wonder how long they can stay in a 20g long tank?

York1
04-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Apistogramma Siquri Rio Claro

Hilde
04-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Apistogramma Siquri Rio Claro
I am not finding any info on those fish. Do you know how big they get York?

Googling Apistogramma Siquri I get- did not match any documents. Are you certain that is the right name?

peathenster
04-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Post a pic? Should be obvious.

Tangfan
04-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Do you have a picture of what they look like? Most Apistos have a very distinct shape

Chris Noto
04-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Try this search, Hilde: https://goo.gl/47QMb0

Among the search results is this line:
"Amatitlania siquia "Rio Claro, Honduras" - F2 - Rio Claro Red Fin"

And, from the above search, at this link: http://goo.gl/LGLWMI
which yields this:
"Amatitlania siquia...
"Population: Rio Claro
History of import: possibly imported by Ken Davis into the Unites States; is currently kept in aquaria (under the name "Rio Claro red Fin) because some photo's of these convicts are on internet."

I hope that helps.

Hilde
04-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Can't get a pic. I think they are Amatitlania siquia. Their bodies are oval and they don't have long fins like apistos have.

I do not how they are going to survive in a 20g long tank. I guess when they to big I can get some credit for them at a local pet store.

Demonfish
04-17-2016, 10:14 PM
I think you treat them like convicts. As long as they like each other, they will be okay even in a 10 and maybe even fill the tank with fry a couple times. But if they get mad at each other. divide the tank or put them in separate fives before one kills the other. They get bigger and meaner as they get older. Though I will say, IME, fish with fewer generations in the hobby tend to be both smaller and less aggressive and grow more slowly and take longer to mature than the same fish that has been in the hobby for awhile. People tend to keep the first pair to breed with the biggest male and it doesn't take too many generations of this to make a real difference in a fish. IME wild convict are not the terrors pet store convicts are, you may have several years. F2 aren't far removed. Post them here when you are done with them.

Hilde
04-17-2016, 10:19 PM
If they get mad at each other. divide the tank or put them in separate fives before one kills the other. With fewer generations in the hobby tend to be both smaller and less aggressive and grow more slowly and take longer to mature than the same fish that has been in the hobby for awhile.
Thank you so much for that info. Now I feel more at ease. I won't worry about them until I see aggression.