PDA

View Full Version : CO2 killed my siamese algae eaters

zyyoll
05-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Hello Fish Friends: My son-in-law was installing a GFCI outlet for my aquariums when he jostled the No. 10 CO2 cylinder. I didn't realize it but somehow the flow went from measured to high. This lasted for several hours. When I discovered it my fish were moribund. I cut off the flow and added 3 gal to the 50 gal tank and started a strong bubble stone to chase the CO2. Well I lost 2 large angelfish and worst all three of my siamese algae eaters. These guys are plain looking but I love the way the kept working all the time. I miss them. So I called Petland in Dunwoody and asked to speak to their aquarium person. I was politely told that that person only comes part-time and that in any case they didn't have any siamese algae eaters. Here comes the punch line: the nice receptionist told me they are closing down their aquarium operation and not ordering any new fish. A sad day for a once very good aquarium supply. So now where can I go to find healthy fish? One more thing. If I buy the fish from a local store and put them in my refugium for a week or two,what can I feed these critters? Can they survive on flake food?

aXio
05-03-2016, 10:21 AM
FROM US OF COURSE!!!! =)

Petland Dunwoody was a great store in it's time... but we are very proud of our store and we have one of the best freshwater selections in the Southeast! We have everything you will ever need! Including Siamese algae eaters!

Tangfan
05-03-2016, 10:36 AM
My Siamese Algae Eaters definitely eat flake food. I have seen them do it. These fish do have great personality and do a great job on the algaes that bristlenose ignore.

likestofish
05-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Mine eat flakes almost with as much vigor as my rainbows

Garfieldnfish
05-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Mine prefer flake food to algae.