PDA

View Full Version : Meetings on Sunday afternoons

gloriousbettas
05-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Would anyone like to change the meetings back to Sundays afternoons?

Some of us have to work on Saturdays.

Kendra

Demonfish
05-25-2016, 11:08 PM
I think to go to Sundays we'd need also to change the location. Personally, I'd have more Sunday conflicts than Saturdays, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Garfieldnfish
05-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Yes, I would. I can never make a Saturday meeting.

bluefalcon505
05-26-2016, 06:24 AM
Sunday isn't a good day for me specially for the time that it starts, Saturday is better for me.

bluefalcon505
05-26-2016, 06:26 AM
If it starts around noon on Sunday's, then I will never be able to go to any of the meetings.

Tropical
05-26-2016, 06:50 AM
I also prefer Saturday, I don't think I'd make many of the Sunday meetings.

Maybe make it alternating, if it effects a lot of people?

dannyh
05-26-2016, 07:53 AM
I prefer Saturday also. I only make about half the meetings on Saturday but would not make any on Sunday.

gloriousbettas
05-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Interesting replies. Some work on Saturday. I'm one. I personally go to the early church service Sunday, so Sunday afternoons I'm free. I like the idea of alternating Saturdays and Sundays someone suggested. Then I would only miss half of the meetings! Just a thought. This is not a poll or anything official, I just wondered what meeting day is the best for most of the active members.

Kendra

bluefalcon505
05-26-2016, 10:24 AM
I too attend early service and SS class at church and my drive time is anywhere from 1-1 1/2 hour to the meeting, it wouldn't be until 1 at least that I would be at meetings.

Tangfan
05-26-2016, 10:26 AM
I typically make roughly 2 out of 3 meetings on Saturdays - the ones I don't make, is typically due to me being out of town. In those cases, a Sunday afternoon meeting would typically work for me since I typically come home on Sunday. With that said, either Saturday or Sunday works well for me.

I do know many clubs hold their meetings on a weekday evening to help cut down on family commitment conflicts. This may not work that well for our club due to the distance that many of us do travel to make the meetings.

Tropical
05-26-2016, 11:30 AM
I was looking at the San Francisco club the other day and they had meetings on Friday nights, not sure how that work with our club. As you would need to drive home from work, bag fish, then drive to the meeting... I don't think weekday meetings would work in Atlanta, especially with the Traffic...

Probably best suited for smaller cities.

heatherbeast
05-26-2016, 01:46 PM
I'd say no to weeknight meetings as well. Sunday meetings might be friendlier to churchgoers if the start time was moved back to closer to 2:30 pm, although this does conflict with our current venue's availability (meetings are currently held on Saturdays at Fernbank Science Center because the room and use of projectors is essentially free from what I recall). Would a later Saturday meeting work for those who currently can't make Saturdays?

ronv
05-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Our club at one time (many moons ago) met on Thursday night. I did it altho I have a two hour drive, but I didn't like it.

Tropical
05-26-2016, 02:42 PM
That's an idea, Saturday evening meetings, like at 5 or so.

Garfieldnfish
05-26-2016, 03:07 PM
If it would start at 6 pm on Saturdays and were held close to where I either live or work I would be able to make it some days. But as a general rule I do not get home on Saturdays until 5 pm. Not enough time to bag fish and drive a long way even for evening meetings. I would have no problem with a Sunday late afternoon meeting to allow all church goers time for the services. 2, 3 or 4 pm would be fine by me. However, I also think rotating the days might work if we can find a venue that would fit us. The Athens Pizza place was nice and if we rotate the days, the crowd would be manageable to make it possible. It could be Saturdays early to not impede their business and Sundays later again after the church rush has passed for the same reason. Besides I miss their food. Their salads are awesome and it is a more relaxed setting to have people connect with each other. May help the club to grow a bit again.
No on the weekdays for me as well. Too much other stuff going on.

gloriousbettas
05-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Meetings were at 1:30 pm but there was a change in officers, so I don't know what the deal is now. It takes me 1 to 1.5 hours to get to Fernbank too.

gloriousbettas
05-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Heather, my vendor events don't usually end until 5 or 6 pm or later and then the drive home. Later on Saturday would not make a difference with me. I just remember when we had meetings on Sunday afternoons that there seemed to be a good attendance. I'll just come to meetings when I can, I guess, whatever day they are.

Kendra

Demonfish
05-26-2016, 11:09 PM
As the years went by Thursdays were getting harder and harder to get to on time because of traffic, and we didn't get anyone coming from far away.

mountainman36
05-27-2016, 05:46 AM
we will never be able to please everyone. All i can suggest is maybe a bit later start on Sunday. otherwise we just have to deal with it.

Mog Carns
05-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Saturday Day, Saturday Night, Sunday Day... I can make any of the options work.

Weekday Nights wouldn't even be realistic if we were the Dunwoody Fish Club, much less the Atlanta Area.

aXio
05-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Sundays would give me like a 10-15% chance of actually making a meeting. There is absolutely no way I can leave the store on Saturdays as it is by far my busiest business day of the week.

I think with the way ATL commute/traffic works compared to most other cities a weekday meeting would never work here.

bluefalcon505
05-30-2016, 10:02 AM
I agree weekdays meetings would never work in the Atlanta area. I would imagine like me most people drive at least an hour to the meeting and I know I will never drive into Atlanta on weekday unless it was absolutely necessary. Yes if the meeting on a Sunday were like 2-4 pm, I would be able to attend the meetings after church. Saturday is most of the time good for me, but I agree it should be moved to afternoon maybe for members that work on Saturdays to attend as well.

Hilde
05-30-2016, 12:56 PM
I would for I work Saturdays.

gloriousbettas
05-30-2016, 09:37 PM
I would for I work Saturdays.

Hilde, I work most Saturdays too.
Kendra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk