PDA

View Full Version : Southern Aquatics Local Store

Hilde
05-30-2016, 01:01 PM
I heard about Southern Aquatics Richard Carter whom I bought some rainbow fish from. Has anybody gone there? They have plants?

bluefalcon505
05-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Where are they located at

Hilde
05-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Where are they located at
620 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 686-7734

I am going to go up there tomorrow when they open. Hoping they still have some threadfin rainbow fish.

aXio
05-30-2016, 01:55 PM
They do stock live plants. When I checked them out the other week their selection wasn't all that great but they do stock plants. Store is still very new so they are building up stock I'm sure. In any case it is always good to see new stores pop-up. It will only help the entire hobby as whole.

If the drive isn't too far they are worth the visit.

fishman
05-30-2016, 05:44 PM
I was there a few weeks ago,very friendly staff,super clean store,and good selection of fish and hardware- will definitely be going back.

numsjr@gmail.com
05-30-2016, 08:16 PM
I heard about Southern Aquatics Richard Carter whom I bought some rainbow fish from. Has anybody gone there? They have plants?

The ladies that run Southern Aquatics are very responsive on their Facebook page. If you want something specific feel free to ask, but as stated earlier they are well worth the visit.

Ram
05-30-2016, 08:29 PM
I have visited there about 8-10 times. I purchased some fish from there and they are doing well. I have also purchased some food. The staff is great and the patrons are also very friendly. They have saltwater fish and coral. They have a good selection of freshwater fish you won't find at most stores along with plants. They have a good selection of micro fish. Prices are online with online fish stores, but no shipping. They do also have tanks and accessories.

jaydenh636
05-30-2016, 08:46 PM
It's my favorite store. I never leave empty handed.

Leeatl
05-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Great store and people . I needed something they didn't carry and Dana looked it up on the net and found a place a couple miles away and they had what I wanted . Above and beyond customer service in this day and age .

Suwanee Fishkeeper
05-30-2016, 09:38 PM
I echo what everyone has been saying. Nice clean store and the woman that runs store is very friendly and helpful. I wish they had a bigger freshwater section but they do have a nice selection of plants. Hopefully they can make it long term since we have so few quality stores in Atlanta.

Titanreef
05-31-2016, 07:47 AM
Yes, it's a great store. The only one close to me that is worth going to. I recommend them.

likestofish
05-31-2016, 09:37 AM
I pass by sometimes but because they close at 7 I am never able to make it due to work to check out the store.

project28
05-31-2016, 02:15 PM
If you keep your rainbow threadfins alive for more than 2 months, I'd love to know how. I tried 2 schools - one from liveaquaria and another from premier aquatics. Both schools slowly died one by one. My efforts were in a 40 gal community tank with rasboras, neon & cpds.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

mountainman36
05-31-2016, 06:37 PM
If you keep your rainbow threadfins alive for more than 2 months, I'd love to know how. I tried 2 schools - one from liveaquaria and another from premier aquatics. Both schools slowly died one by one. My efforts were in a 40 gal community tank with rasboras, neon & cpds.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

i kept three alive with only a few water changes in a 2.5 gallon tanks for 3 months....the key i think for you , is not in such a big tank, and not with other fish, or less. if fish slowly die off one after another over a few months its usually starvation. either from outcompeting, bullying, or from internal parasites. in your situation its most likely from out competition and a little bullying.
I also fed min some live mosquito larvae, as well as decapsulated brine shrimp.

Hilde
06-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Well I went there and got all the threadfin rainbow fish. I love the store. Wall color is so inviting. No over whelming smells. They did not have a lot of plants but they had a good selection. Not just your cheap stem plants.

Hilde
06-01-2016, 11:08 AM
I also fed min some live mosquito larvae, as well as decapsulated brine shrimp.
I lost 1 of the three I got from you probably from starvation. For I noticed they aren't able to eat the frozen shrimp. Fortunately got Spectricide small formula. Also got the decapsulated brine shrimp.

I was going to put them with Flame Tetras but decided to put them in a 20g long by themselves.

I would like to know about the live mosquito larvae. How you cultivate them and prevent them from developing into mosquitoes.

mountainman36
06-01-2016, 08:28 PM
I lost 1 of the three I got from you probably from starvation. For I noticed they aren't able to eat the frozen shrimp. Fortunately got Spectricide small formula. Also got the decapsulated brine shrimp.

I was going to put them with Flame Tetras but decided to put them in a 20g long by themselves.

I would like to know about the live mosquito larvae. How you cultivate them and prevent them from developing into mosquitoes.

i have several tubs with fish or plants. they just appear. as far as preventing them from turning into moasquitos, i just harvest as often as i can. i miss plenty i know...but i dont have an issue in my area with them....

likestofish
06-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Went by today having some time, nice place and very clean. Got a couple of different aponogeton species, I found the plant variety to be pretty good compared to a lot of the stores I go to and the species they had were pretty cool. Freshwater selection was ok with most being common species, though they do have a few oddballs like some redhook silver dollars and apistos.

mountainman36
06-02-2016, 09:17 PM
i was there today, got some food....They have some cool Apistos, and a few other things. they are getting some new fish in tomorrow she said. Also, some of the spider wood was incredible.

SouthernAquaticsLfs
06-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Hi Everyone! We are changing our hours starting this Monday June 6th!
Monday Closed/By appt only
Tuesday 11a-4pm
Wednesday & Thursday 11a-8pm
Friday & Saturday 11a-7p
Sunday 12p-5p
We appreciate all of the positivity! Thank you all so much! :smile:

Ram
06-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Apparently closed early today... Just went to get some dragon stone.

King - d
06-06-2016, 07:01 PM
I went by yesterday everyone was very helpful. I brought a dwarf gouramis. Looking to go back for some plants

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk