PDA

View Full Version : Captive bred Otocinclus cats for sale?

Steel Fish
07-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I haven't been having very good luck keeping Otocinclus cats alive for the first couple of weeks after purchase. My planted tank is stable, and has plenty of soft algae for them, but of the last batch of 7 I bought about 1.5 weeks ago, I'm down to 2 (the rest have died).

I'm guessing that the batch I bought were probably wild caught, likely using cyanide and that may be why they perished. Are there any local fish stores that sell captive bred otos? Anyone know where I might get some that aren't wild caught?

Garfieldnfish
07-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Contact Pierre, BOD. He has imported some a while back and they have been very healthy. I got 8 of them at the Spring auction and only lost one. The rest are doing great. If he has any left I would recommend him. Captive bred otos are hard to find.

Tangfan
07-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Pierre is a great person to deal with and typically holds his fish for a minimum of a week to ensure there are no issues. If you do contact him, he has said that he'll get in touch with anyone who contacts him at the end of the month do to him traveling during the beginning of July.