PDA

View Full Version : BOD Vacancies

HN1
07-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Hey folks!

We are down a Secretary and a BOD at large so we will begin our August meeting with nominations. Please feel free to contact me or any other member of the BOD with any questions.

From the club bylaws-

Section 4: The duties of the Secretary shall be:
a: To keep the minutes of the association and all its meetings;
b: To have on hand for reference at all meetings, a copy of the Constitution and By-Laws of the association, a*copy of "Robert's Rules of Order", and a copy of all standing and special committee chairpersons;
c: To be the association's representative of the Federation of American Aquarium Societies (FAAS);

In reality, I believe that Mr. Ramsey has been our FAAS representative though I could be wrong. I also can't recall a time when we've needed to refer to RRoO.

Article 5: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1: The Board of Directors shall operate as the governing body of this Association, assuming*responsibility for the administrative functions and meeting programs of this Association.
Section 2: Should any irregularities occur affecting the function of this Association, the Board shall take*whatever action they deem necessary. The membership shall be advised of any actions taken by the Board.*
Section 3: The Board of Directors or two-thirds of the membership may initiate an independent audit of the*Treasurerís books at any time.
Section 4: They shall be kept informed at all times of any Association transactions and disbursements.
Section 5: They shall at all times keep a record and know the whereabouts of all Association assets.*
Section 6: Any member of the Board of Directors failing to attend three consecutive Board meetings without*good reason or prior excuse will be automatically dropped from the board following the third meeting.
Section 7: They shall prepare a budget at the beginning of the fiscal year, such budget to be presented at the*first annual meeting of the Board and subject to approval by a majority of the board members present.