PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

smitty
10-03-2016, 06:56 AM
Hi everyone, I joined the site and club a few weeks ago and just now getting around to saying hello. I'm in east Cobb, fairly new to the hobby having only about 5 years in it. I've got tanks in most every room in the house, and I drive the wife crazy. I love the south Americans and may do a large biotope next, but haven't decided which way I want to go. I just want them all.

Im also wondering how to adjust my forum settings, it says that I don't have privileges. All the threads are backwards from recent to first post which is hard to read. Also, I sent the dues in but haven't heard anything or received anything in the mail, should there be some sort of confirmation and information?

mountainman36
10-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Welcome Smitty - im in east cobb too. Im not sure on forum settings, or that email. im sure one of the BOD will get with you on that. Im south american guy too. The auction had some fanrastic fishes, i hope you can make the meetings and the next auction

heatherbeast
10-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Once you have made more than five posts/replies, you should be able to post pics and the like. Welcome aboard!!!

aXio
10-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Welcome! I believe that Heather is correct. You just need like 5-10 posts and all the settings will be unlocked for you. If you have questions or concerns about membership payment I would suggest sending Len (HN1) a private message. He should be able to check on everything for you and confirm the payment.

Jakub

HN1
10-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Hey Smitty. Welcome to the club and the addiction! lol

Please PM me with your full name and email address and I can make sure everything is set up properly. Also, you may want to check your SPAM folder.

Len

54RICHARDI
10-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Welcome. I am in East Cobb too. By Mount Bethel elementary school.

smitty
10-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Thank everyone for the greets, I'm glad to see so many of you are in my area. I thought I was the only one around, ha. I'm near Johnson Ferry and Shallowford intersection. I'm looking forward to the next meet, I'm the only fishkeeper I know. I did get to run through the auction but only briefly as I was traveling on Sunday.

aXio
10-04-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm also in the Marietta/Roswell area.

And you are pretty close to my shop! We actually used to be on Johnson Ferry until we moved locations 4+ years ago. Come check us out =)

smitty
10-04-2016, 06:42 AM
I've come in a few times and gotten driftwood, Rams, Angels, and some neons from the shop. Up next is those Discus you had if still there. I need to get the new tank cycled but I'm going with an Amazon geographic tank and they'd be a great feature in it. Of all the LFS near me I think your coverage of South America is my favorite.

mountainman36
10-04-2016, 01:23 PM
I've come in a few times and gotten driftwood, Rams, Angels, and some neons from the shop. Up next is those Discus you had if still there. I need to get the new tank cycled but I'm going with an Amazon geographic tank and they'd be a great feature in it. Of all the LFS near me I think your coverage of South America is my favorite.

he has the most fishes because hes the busiest....you can sell fish if you sell fish...numbers game. Great selection and unique stuff too.

smitty
10-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I never thought about it from that angle, makes complete sense though.