PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite aquatic store?

Hilde
12-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Mine is Premier in Marietta and Pet Supermarket in Smyrna.

At Premier I got my favorite red plant. At Pet Supermarket in Smyrna I get thick green plants cheap. They are so they I make at least 2 plants from them.

fishman
12-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Premier,Southern Aquatics,Pure Reef,Optimum Aquarium,Aviarium,Atlanta Aquarium,and The Fish Store. All pretty good solid stores,but quite honestly,I have found no store in Atlanta better than "below average" for live plant selection or quality.

Tropical
12-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Tissue culture plants are the best for healthy plants IMO.

However not all kinds of plants are available as TC. I'd Ask them when they get their shipment in and if you get the plants right when they get them they're usually in much better condition.

There is quite a selection of stores in Atlanta! Ive only found a few I didn't like: Fishbowl in Jonesboro due to them carrying so many dyed fish (Disgusting, I won't support that!), Walmart (obviously) and petsmarts...

Hilde
12-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Ive only found a few I didn't like: Fishbowl in Jonesboro due to them carrying so many dyed fish (Disgusting, I won't support that!), Walmart (obviously) and petsmarts...
I like Petsmarts. I have gotten a few tissue culture plants from the 1 in Austell

Mog Carns
12-09-2016, 12:17 PM
The Fish Garden in Newnan is closing.

Hilde
03-28-2017, 12:56 PM
I have been getting some nice Threadfin Rainbow fish at Pet Supermarket.

Hilde
03-28-2017, 12:59 PM
There is quite a selection of stores in Atlanta! Ive only found a few I didn't like: Fishbowl in Jonesboro due to them carrying so many dyed fish (Disgusting, I won't support that!), Walmart (obviously) and petsmarts...
It all depends on the manager running the store. Pet Supermarket in Mableton was terrible but the Pet Supermarket in Smyrna does not seem like a box store. Walmart bad as it is sometimes has some rare finds mislabeled and sold cheap.

smitty
03-28-2017, 01:28 PM
I like pet supplies plus in Marietta's deals on dry goods but they need to take care of their Ick problem before I get fish from there. They do get some rare and beautiful fish there though, just be ready to render aid and rx.

canoe
03-29-2017, 04:11 PM
It has been a few years since I last visited Creation Reef & Aquatics in Woodstock. Nice selection, some cool tanks, and plenty of dry goods. Premier gets Most Favored status because they actively support the club and offer members a 15% discount.