PDA

View Full Version : What would you put in it...

Erik_Clark
12-09-2016, 01:38 PM
I scour craigslist regularly (as many of you must) and pick up fish tanks when I see a really good deal. My last score was 7 fish tanks for 75.00 (1-75, 1-20 long, 1-20 high, some weird shaped plastic thing maybe 5 gallons, and 2 -10 gallons).

So getting a 75 was a big and happy surprise. It's in my pile of someday fish tank projects. Today has been "clean out all those fish tanks you bought" day (ugh, 27. In my defense one is an antique from the 60's in pristine condition, most are 10's and the rest are misc) and I was thinking a lot about the 75. I have a couple ideas but I thought, just for the heck of it, to see what you guys would put in a 75 gal long, display tank, any equipment you need for it is provided.

The ultimate dream for this tank is for it to be built into a false wall to create the appearance of two rooms in a very long narrow room so the tank would be visible from the front and back.

Dream me up some fish and plants so I can be inspired!

I'll post my idea after everyone else's. I am positive you guys can out do me though!

All in fun!
Erik

Tropical
12-09-2016, 07:39 PM
I'd do a Val and sword plant forest, maybe dwarf sag as a foreground plant, some nice driftwood and South American fish. Angelfish and 2-3 schools of Tetras or hatchet fish, some cory catfish, maybe some fancy plecos or farowella(twig catfish). You could even add some Rams to the mix, or wild type swordtails!

Mog Carns
12-12-2016, 10:18 AM
I put White Clouds in my 75.

Igster
12-13-2016, 08:21 AM
Nice, I once put some white clouds in a 55 one summer and they went crazy breeding. Feeding time was like Shark Week!

Erik_Clark
12-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! I hadnt thought of filling it up with a SWARM of tiny fish but that sounds like a lot of fun. With some cool plants like Tropical suggested. Such a creative group.

Mog Carns
12-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Tiny fish in a large aquarium makes it look like a HUGE aquarium.

michael wolfe
12-20-2016, 10:55 PM
I'd do a Val and sword plant forest, maybe dwarf sag as a foreground plant, some nice driftwood and South American fish. Angelfish and 2-3 schools of Tetras or hatchet fish, some cory catfish, maybe some fancy plecos or farowella(twig catfish). You could even add some Rams to the mix, or wild type swordtails!

I like the beginning of this post, but then would change the fish selection to all stuff from the Okefenokee in South Georgia... Enneacanthus sunfish and a group of Pteronotropis shiners would a be great start... biotope South Georgia!