PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Opae Ula (Hawaiian red shrimp or volcano shrimp) shrimp?

gth181a
01-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Is there a store that sells Opae Ula shrimps in ATL? If not, what website do you recommend?

TIA!

aXio
01-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Is there a store that sells Opae Ula shrimps in ATL? If not, what website do you recommend?

TIA!

I highly doubt you will find those at a store locally. I've never seen them on any of my lists in the 6 years I've been working at Premier. Those you will have to get online through a private breeder.

York1
01-12-2017, 06:11 PM
I have seen them on aquabid every now and then. They seem to be a pretty rare find

Tangfan
01-12-2017, 06:38 PM

TIA!

I have been fairly deep into shrimp for the last year. I haven't seen them locally but have seen them in a Facebook group recently. Had to look them up since I hadn't heard of them. Group was US Shrimp and Plants. Can't remember if person was selling them or not. Sorry.

Tropical
01-12-2017, 07:13 PM
I have lots of them available, they are awesome little guys and breed fast. They are about a third the size of Cherry shrimp and they require brackish conditions.

Let me know if you're interested!

Garfieldnfish
01-12-2017, 07:27 PM
They can also live 20 years compared to the 1 to 2 for dwarf fresh water shrimp. That is a long term commitment.

Tropical
01-12-2017, 07:28 PM
They can also live 20 years compared to the 1 to 2 for dwarf fresh water shrimp. That is a long term commitment.

Yes that's what I've heard as well! Super low maintenance, only need to do a water change every 6 months, and barely need to feed.

gth181a
01-12-2017, 08:09 PM
I have lots of them available, they are awesome little guys and breed fast. They are about a third the size of Cherry shrimp and they require brackish conditions.

Let me know if you're interested!

Awesome! I'll PM you in the next couple weeks. I just ordered some supplies to get my brackish water setup.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Tropical
01-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Awesome! I'll PM you in the next couple weeks. I just ordered some supplies to get my brackish water setup.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Sure just let me know!