PDA

View Full Version : Julidochromis Food

cswain123
04-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Hello all,

I picked up 2 groups of juli's at the auction. I have been feeding them some generic pellets, flake, and crumbles. They eat it but they don't really go after it. Wondering what other people are feeding or have fed to their juli successfully? Or what you feed your other tanganyikans? One of the tanks also has some young ocellatus in it so something they could eat as well is ideal.

On another note, I've watched an occelatus that is literally 1/4 the size of the juli pull a pellet directly from the juli's mouth. These little occelatus fear nothing.

Thanks,
Caleb

canoe
04-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Maybe they are still acclimating to your water parameters. I notice that when my water parameters drift away from optimal, some fish lose their voracious appetites.

Demonfish
04-02-2017, 12:56 AM
Maybe they are still acclimating to your water parameters. I notice that when my water parameters drift away from optimal, some fish lose their voracious appetites.
Julie's eat crustaceans in the lake, snails and shrimp. So look for a meaty pellet or red flake. For a treat try brine shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cswain123
04-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Julie's eat crustaceans in the lake, snails and shrimp. So look for a meaty pellet or red flake. For a treat try brine shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I read that. I have given them a little brine shrimp a couple times. Any recommendation on brand or pellet size?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

pullins125
04-02-2017, 11:25 AM
I grabbed a bag too and mine are eating a variety of frozen food. Mine are also eating flakes. Maybe urs are just tqoing a little longer to adjust for some reason.

Demonfish
04-02-2017, 04:24 PM
small pellets for the small mouths. Cichlid Xtreme is good. Bloodworms would be eaten also.

cswain123
04-02-2017, 08:38 PM
I grabbed a bag too and mine are eating a variety of frozen food. Mine are also eating flakes. Maybe urs are just tqoing a little longer to adjust for some reason.
They are eating, just not as ravenously as I'd like lol. I want to get them some quality food. The transcriptus are adult size or just about there so hoping for some fry in the next couple months. Trying to get them fat and happy.

cswain123
04-02-2017, 08:38 PM
small pellets for the small mouths. Cichlid Xtreme is good. Bloodworms would be eaten also.
I'll look into the xtreme. Thanks!