PDA

View Full Version : Sort Fry by Size

brian313313
06-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Anyone know of an easy way to separate fry of different sizes? My idea is a net or strainer that the smaller fish could swim through but the larger ones cannot. I have too many to sort them manually. I thought about putting a divider made of egg crate material but that's a little too large for the size they are now. 1/3 inch would be better.

I have too many fish in the fry aquarium now and my main display has plenty of room. I want to pull out about 20 or so from the small aquarium but would like to get the largest out of about 60-80.

HN1
06-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Have them pose for a picture. The taller ones will go to the back. :)

Check out craft mesh, it may be more of the size you need.

Garfieldnfish
06-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Lol, Len. That made my day.
Craft canvas may work. The holes are pretty small though.

brian313313
06-18-2017, 05:52 AM
Have them pose for a picture. The taller ones will go to the back. :)

Check out craft mesh, it may be more of the size you need.

lol. Thanks. I'll look into that.

Garfieldnfish
06-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Walmart sells it. About 50 cent a sheet.

phillip
06-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Ok this is easy use panty hose as the divider. Good wi'll collect on it but they will eat it I have under 1 Inch boards to built my frame but I always place road usually flat large ones on either side of it. Do not use pressure treated wood it will kill them. I have also used plastic or sticks. No pumps foam filters on both sides and if that doesn't work I have quiet a few old tanks I got at an auction available but they are white painted on 3 sides they are 20 gals.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk