PDA

View Full Version : Fishing On Saturday

michael wolfe
08-28-2017, 10:38 PM
If you think it sounds like fun to get out in the water and see the fish of North Georgia, then I have an opportunity for you. I would like to invite you to join us.

Some NANFA members are going to meet at Autrey Mill Nature Preserve on Saturday morning. We will take a look at the native fish aquarium there (that we have been working on for years now and supporting). The naturalist there says that she has had some losses and that a few more fish in the display tank would really make it shine! While I normally do not recommend collecting in the summer, the relatively cooler weather recently should make it less stressful on them.

Let me know if you are interested in joining and I will coordinate with those that are going to be able to make it.

HN1
08-29-2017, 02:40 PM
I'd like more info Michael. Please PM me with time and any recommendations for needed items to bring. Thanks!

Stew55
08-29-2017, 08:25 PM
Michael, if it rains will you still be trying to collect fish? The current plans I have will be canceled if it rains. I would love to be part of this event.
Stewart

michael wolfe
08-30-2017, 08:16 AM
I did not think about the weather when I set this date, but hey, the fish are already wet! Seriously, I don't mind collecting in a little rain but obviously not if there is lightning. The real problem will be if we get a lot of rain in the next couple of days and the creek rises. Right now it does not seem like we have had the rain, so its still a go.

michael wolfe
09-04-2017, 10:37 AM
A few fish and a few people from the NANFA outing in Johns Creek. We had great weather and a lot of fun.

For more, you can look here (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxdjDDhUHKj7bUQ1am56aHBfZkU?usp=sharing) on a google drive.

HN1
09-04-2017, 05:42 PM
So hated to miss it. Sorry for being a no show. I worked an outage late and then overslept. I went to Autrey Mill yesterday to check it out and see the tank. They've got a great facility and the volunteer there was great.