PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

C_Watkins
10-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Chris here.
Joined the club at the auction today. (Special thanks to the gent at Premier Aquatics who told me about the club and the auction last week! :) )

I currently have 370 gallons spread across 10 tanks... 5 freshwater and 5 marine. Nothing special, but I love them all for one reason or another.
So yeah... I seem to be quite addicted again, after going for 10 years or so without a tank. :D

How does one go about getting permissions to edit the profile/avatar/general settings./etc...?

--
Chris

canoe
10-16-2017, 04:04 AM
Welcome. Hope you enjoyed the auction. Monthly meetings are held at the same location. Typical format is a short business meeting/announcements, followed by a guest speaker, and ending with a mini-auction.

You should be able to modify your profile. Try it again.

C_Watkins
10-16-2017, 06:35 AM

Still getting this at the moment.
I can read and post, but nothing else.
Thanks!

HN1
10-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoyed the event. I have no idea regarding the permission issue you are having, but I did report it to our Admins.

Len

Mark
10-16-2017, 07:22 PM
New users (less than 5 posts) don't have permission. You have to be promoted to a Registered Member (after 5 posts)

HN1
10-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Thanks Mark!

C_Watkins
10-16-2017, 08:04 PM
New users (less than 5 posts) don't have permission. You have to be promoted to a Registered Member (after 5 posts)
AHH... well let me get those knocked out right away. The default post ordering is driving me bananas :D

C_Watkins
10-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Canoe, HN1 and Mark.

C_Watkins
10-16-2017, 08:31 PM
A bit of an odd requirement, but rules are rules I suppose.
Hopefully this gets me going.

canoe
10-17-2017, 05:39 AM
When you see all the stuff that we have to remove from the forums, it is no surprise to me that there is a limit on what permissions are given to new members. I just removed a post and banned a new member because their content was rather "suggestive." Photos only, no text. Need I say more!

aXio
10-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the family!

C_Watkins
10-17-2017, 12:13 PM
When you see all the stuff that we have to remove from the forums, it is no surprise to me that there is a limit on what permissions are given to new members. I just removed a post and banned a new member because their content was rather "suggestive." Photos only, no text. Need I say more!
No surprises here. I know from firsthand experience that dealing with scammers, bots and trolls isn't the best way to spend your time :)

So yeah, I totally get limiting the actual posting/posting of URL's/linking or uploading pictures/etc... for new forum members, for sure.

What I'd considered a bit 'odd' was that it looked like I could do all the worst stuff like post, link pictures, upload pictures, send PM's etc...
I just couldn't do harmless things like set the post ordering to 'oldest first' and trying to read the forums in 'newest first' mode was :crazy:.
It just seemed that a paid club membership is usually a pretty good anti-spam validation. (No guarantee with some folks I know. LOL)
Thankfully though... all is normal now.:dance:

Welcome to the family!

Thanks!