PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hey

Innotim
05-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Hey just found you guy's and am very interested in the auctions! I live near Gainesville, myself, wife, and kids are all fish geeks. We have 9 freshwater tanks in the house. I do a little bit of breeding just for fun, but would like to get more involved. I don't really know anyone local who is into the hobby so the fish club seems cool.

HN1
05-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Welcome aboard! If y'all are fish geeks, you found the right group of people! lol

Our June meeting is the 2nd at 1:30 at the Windy Hill Community Center in Marietta. Heather Moulton-Mercer will be giving a talk which will be followed by a "mini-auction". We also have both an overall Breeder's Award Point (BAP) program as well as our ongoing Annual Breeding Competition (ABC) which is focused on any South American fish in 2018. We also have our Horticulturalist Award Program (HAP) for those with green thumbs.

We also have a Face Book group if you're interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/45997858493

Again, Welcome! Hope to meet ya at a future event.

Len

Tangfan
05-16-2018, 06:00 PM
Welcome Innotim. What type of fish are you into (this Club is mostly freshwater). Iím personally into Africans mostly. I am sort of close to you (close to Jefferson) and there are a few in the club close to this area.

Innotim
05-16-2018, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I will do my best to attend some meetings as soon as I can. Those programs sound pretty awesome.

I am all freshwater. I have a 75 gallon Oranda tank, then a 50 gallon mixed Mbuna tank. They do breed but are hybrids so I keep them myself. I also have a 36 gallon with Angels, and a few 29 gallons. I just hatched a bunch of mystery snails. I also have a 450 gallon pond in the back yard. So enough to keep me busy, but I am always wanting more lol.