PDA

View Full Version : I love Planted Tanks

akagorilla
02-18-2019, 09:41 AM
I can't believe I never looked for a group like this. My first tank was in 1995, purchased from the WalMart in Rome. I lived there for about a year. From 95-2007, I had several tanks that were mostly Tetras and plants. I moved to Roswell in 2010 and I've had the same 70-gallon tank with several do-overs. The current setup is a heavily planted tank with Jungle Val, cryptocorynes and java fern. The fish are mostly Rasboras, Green Cory Cats and some algae eaters.

The tank has a CO2 system with an SB Reef Light for freshwater. I'm still learning to tweak the light schedule throughout the day.

I would be interested in learning more locally.

Demonfish
02-19-2019, 02:24 AM
You should definitely come to meetings. Bring your extra plants and trimmings for the (not so) mini auction, make gas and lunch money or save them up for the "big" auction in April.

akagorilla
02-20-2019, 08:19 AM
How many people attend the meetings?

Demonfish
02-23-2019, 12:18 AM
Hmm, a large roomful, at least 60. Last couple of "mini" auctions have had over 100 items and they all sell. Post tank pics, either in the gallery here on the facebook page. We all like to see other people's tanks.

canoe
03-06-2019, 03:04 AM
Meeting attendance has been steadily increasing, with the last few meetings having 75-80 or so. Each meeting features a speaker (March 16 topic- Summer Tubbing) and concludes with a Monthly Meeting Auction. Not only can members sell their fish, plants and hard goods, everyone has a lot of fun in the process. There is also a Spring Auction coming up on April 7, which is a full-day affair. Selling is open to non-members as well as paid members.