PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to plant a potted plant?

thbrewst
05-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I have planted a couple of potted plants and although they seem healthy enough they do not seem to be growing. Which leads to my question. What is the proper way to plant a potted plant?

Demonfish
05-28-2010, 11:15 AM
First, make sure it likes pots. I potted java fern, not a good idea.

zmo63
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Do you mean it came in a pot when you got it, or are you planting it in a pot? If you bought it in a pot and are just trying to plant it in your tank, then cut off the plastic pot, pull off as much of sponge as you can, trim back the roots, and plant. If it turns out to be a group of plants growing in the same pot, then plant them individually.

thbrewst
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Do you mean it came in a pot when you got it, or are you planting it in a pot? If you bought it in a pot and are just trying to plant it in your tank, then cut off the plastic pot, pull off as much of sponge as you can, trim back the roots, and plant. If it turns out to be a group of plants growing in the same pot, then plant them individually.
Sorry, yes it came in a pot and I am going to plant it in the aquarium. Thanks for the info. I think I may have left too much of the sponge on the other one, which essentially means it is constrained as if it was still in the pot. I guess I can pull that one up and replant.

I am thinking of getting some Micro swords, so I will hopefully be able to break them apart into at least a few bunches so can spread them out.

Thanks for the info, and apologies for not being more clear in my initial question.