View Full Version : ADA Aquasoil - Local Supply?

06-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Well I just finished reading this month's Fishtalk and found the article on the planted tank most informative.

Anyone know of local retailer or decent online retailer for the ADA Aquasoil.

How much does a 3 liter bag cover? I have a 90 (18" x 48") gallon and current substrate is about 2 to 2.5" deep.

I wished I had made it to the meeting to watch the building of the planted tank as I'm sure I could of learned something new.

06-04-2010, 07:20 AM
3 liters fills 3 liters. Convert the volume of the bags to cubic inches, and divide that by the area of the bottom of the tank. You'll probably need three or four 9 liter bags.

06-04-2010, 07:46 AM

Unfortunately, there are no local stores that sell Aquasoil. If you'd like to get your hands on some, you'll have to order it from ADG shop or Aqua Forest.

Just so you know, those two places sell it below "retail" on their websites, so that when you pay shipping, the price per bag including shipping comes out to be about what you would pay for it if you could buy it local.

06-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Just mentioning this incase you aren't aware...

Be sure to read up on how to handle the soil while prepping the tank (no rinsing etc) and to fill the tank very very slowly initially to avoid a big dust cloud. As well be prepared for the beginning ammonia spike phase associated with using this stuff. Its by far the best substrate you can buy IMO without going the mineralized soil route.