PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar Lace Plant Update

Dasher
07-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Good afternoon!

If y'all might remember, I bought a HUGE ML at the last big AAAA auction at Bunton Park Rd. I even paid $30, I really wanted it.

I planted it in my 37 gallon tank and it held up ok for a while, then died off. Well, I put the root nub (for lack of a better name) in my quarantine tank and I'll be darned if there aren't a couple of 5" leaves or so coming back!

I'm really excited about seeing this ML plant spring back to life with it's wonderful leaves and just wanted to share my excitement with you!

Once it gets to a respectable size, I'll probably put it in my new 20 gallon tank I'm setting up (finally got that hole in the wall patched).

Also, I think I'm going to get the 110 and 55 gallon tanks from the forum member in Milledgeville. The wife says it's ok. Wow - did I marry the right girl or what?

D.

FishFace
07-15-2010, 05:25 PM
We need a like button on here! Congrats on the plant save and on the girl!

sandyd
07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
ML are really nice plants! Glad you saved it. :)
Also glad you are getting the 110 & 55 from the other member...they were the 2 tanks I was looking to get and you SAVED me from setting them up and the space! lol :D

Make sure you post pics of them when you get them set up ;)

Chris Noto
08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Good little article in the current Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine (http://www.tfhmagazine.com/) reminds us that Mad. Lace is an Aponogeton, which have bulbs or tubers. The MLP goes dormant for a while every year, and, if it hasn't been grown well enough in the season before, able to store enough energy, it will never come back from dormancy. So far, then, according to TFH, you're doing a good job. Congrats, it's a lovely plant!