PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for HAP submissions?

Holy Samosa
10-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Is there (or could there be) an alternative method for HAP submissions other than bringing plants to the meetings or auction?

I had some plants that I intended to bring to today's meeting for HAP submission, but unfortunately I couldn't make it, won't be able to make the November meeting and don't have the tank space to keep all of them until December.

Am I out of luck? Could I submit photographs of the plants in the tank as well as detailed images? Perhaps with my drivers license in the photo?

Thanks.
Jeremy

Demonfish
10-03-2010, 09:15 PM
How about mail? I've heard plants ship well. Could you mail them to the HAP chair a week before a meeting.

hsd
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe send them along with someone else in the club to the meeting.

Larry Bugg
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
The HAP program along with the BAP program very clearly state that the submission must be made for the auction. There is a reason it is set up this way. The purpose of the programs are two fold. First, it is a way to recognize our members who are successsfully proprogating plants or successfully breeding fish. The second reason is why these must be submitted at the auction. The idea is that having these items in the auction in the quantities specified will allow other members a opportunity to try their hand at propogating the plants or breeding the fish. Normally the auction price is at or below wholesale and this allows everyone the chance to work with plants or fish that they might never have the abiltiy to otherwise.

If you can ship or carry them to someone that has the ability to take care of them before the auction then that would work but unless the program rules are re-written then I think the items have to come to the auction. There are other ways to obtain points like submitting articles or photos of flowering plants.

Fortunately, if you have plants proporgating now the odds are you will have them the next couple of meetings also. For BAP fish, well they will just be a month or two older.

Larry

Holy Samosa
10-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Ah, bummer. Thanks for the info.

I'm rescaping the tank the plants are in and the crypts won't be in the new scape and I don't have a spare tank to keep the species going for a few months. Oh well, it's not a big deal.